Chapter 8: Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer

"Doctor Montgomery-Shep- I Mean just Doctor Montgomery, well not 'just', I mean would I be able to speak with you a second, in private?" Cristina Yang asks Addison.

"What is this about?" Addison asks her because she has honestly no idea.

"Well, I have some very important questions about, ah, erm, a patient of yours" Cristina tries not to wince at her slight tremor in her voice.

"And it isn't these patients?" Addison asks her, a teeny bit annoyed now.

"No, it isn't. And it's private ." Cristina insists to her.

And Addison can sense the urgency in Cristina's tone now, so she follows Doctor Yang into an empty exam room and her eyebrows only twitch up a little when she notices Cristina locking the door to the room behind them.

"What is this about Doctor Yang? We have actual patients to see, you know" Addison questions her as Cristina is motioning at her to surrender the chart she was working on over to her.

"It's this, this right here" Cristina points to the line that reads " Medications " in Addison's handwriting.

"What about it?" Addison asks her impatiently.

And then she goes pale as a ghost when Cristina pulls out the note from her breast pocket and lays it gently on top of the chart so that the " M " of " Medications " was lined up with the " M " of " Meredith" on the note she had left for the intern the other evening.

"I know it was you who brought Meredith home the other night," Cristina says to her softly, looking Addison right in the eye.

"You- You don't though-" Addison tries her best to deny it despite her voice shaking.

"I already knew it was you who wrote her a note in the morning, she told me" Cristina looks her right in the eye and sees all of her worries swimming around in them right beneath the surface.

"She said you were the one who slid over to her at Joe's bar that night. That you are the mystery man. And that she remembers all that you said everything you did for her" Cristina continues.

And she watches intently as Addison's expression changes over from scared to shocked embarrassed all at once before she blinks and shuts down her emotions so she's looking back at Cristina again with as much of a dignified expression she can manage.

"Why hasn't she said anything to me about it then?" Addison says to Cristina softly, like she's hurt and bruised.

"Oh.

My.

God.

I knew it!"

Cristina exclaims to Addison, now.

"What?!" Addison exclaims at her.

"But I thought you just said Meredith told you," Addison exclaims out again at her.

"She never told me a thing she was too drunk out of her mind to remember anything and that hasn't changed." Cristina Clarifies.

"So she never told you? So how then do you know?" Addison is waving her hands animatedly now and she's grateful that this exam room has no open windows.

"Well the handwriting was a big tip-off, you write the letter "M" in a very specific way. But I could never be certain for sure until like, right now" Cristina says to her smugly.

And Addison's face falls because she feels a pang of betrayal that Cristina has cracked her case so easily and yet she still doesn't know how Meredith was truly feeling about all of this.