Chapter 14: Break On Through, Part Four

Cristina Yang is used to being woken up by her alarm clock.

Or by her pager.

Or by the birds chirping.

Or by a tow-truck.

Or by a regular truck.

Or by anything else, really,

Other than being woken up,

The way she was being woken up,

Like, RIGHT NOW.

That is, with all of the yelling,

And the screaming,

And the shouting,

And finally the poking.

Ok, the poking is finally what does it.

It finally wakes Cristina Yang up,

And makes her listen,

To the person,

Who was yelling

and screaming and shouting,

For her to "WAKE THE HELL UP"

So that apparently,

She could be yelled at even more.

'Ugh, well this is going to be a hell of a day,'

Cristina thinks, with a heavy sigh, at herself.

"I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU DID THAT!?"

"HOW COULD YOU DO THAT!?"

"WHY DID YOU DO THAT!?"

Correction:

'This is going to be a day of complete hell'.

And Cristina sighs at herself, again.

"Coming Mer!"

Cristina finally gets up and stops ignoring all of the yelling and screaming and shouting, as well as banging on her apartment door and letting the yelling, screaming, shouting girl out of the cold Seattle raindrops and into her cold Seattle apartment. God, she really should turn the heat on.

She makes her best friend a hot cup of tea before she chugs down a diet soda for herself. She would offer Meredith something for breakfast if she had it, but all she usually kept at the house was diet soda (which she had already been drinking straight out of the bottle), as well as liquor.

So instead, she settles on pouring her friend a cup of hot water, which she fills in with one of her last remaining teabags from when Burke used to come over to her place from time to time. Usually, he had avoided it, because he was a stickler for order and she was, well, a big, pig.

But she still had some tea leftover, not for Burke at all anymore, and more for occasions like this. Where she would become an impromptu hostess for an uninvited houseguest, who storms over to her apartment at the very crack of dawn, to ask "HOW COULD YOU DO THAT!?".

And to be quite truthful, Cristina's not at all upset at her. She's not upset at her friend at all. Her friend, who just so happens to be stirring at her tea with her finger and warming her hands on her mug as she waited for Cristina to open up another can of diet soda before starting again.

"I can't believe you did that" Meredith finally asks her in a soft whispery voice. And Cristina's heart almost breaks at that one, because Meredith's soft whispery voice is much more terrifying than all of her yelling. "I'm sorry" Cristina repeats to her. She's said it already; she says it again.