Chapter 26: Meanwhile

Author's Note:

Thanks for your patience and love today.

I know it's the first day since April 1st that I did not upload (yesterday.)

I really wanted to but it just didn't happen at all,

But picking up the pace now.

Here's a new one just for you!

Let me know what you think in the comments,

And have a great day!

bobbiejelly

Falling Apart, Barely Breathing

In Which Addison meets Meredith in a bar. Things spiral from there. This is the story about what might have happened after Meredith asks Derek to "Pick Me, Choose Me, Love Me" but before he decides to do anything about it, and after SHE decides to do something about it. MerAdd. Meddison. Set during "Bring the Pain" GA. An Addison Montgomery/Meredith Grey - Grey's Anatomy Fanfiction. Written by me, bobbiejelly

Chapter 26: Meanwhile

Meanwhile,

"So what was the boy-man-Psychiatrist's name after all?" Addison asks Meredith if she remembers, as they idly pack up the snacks into boxes.

"Why, are you interested?" Meredith says with a bit of a menace and it makes Addison's lips curl up in a bit of a smile.

"Well, not for ME, no" Addison clarifies despite her enjoyment of Meredith's eyes flashing in jealousy at the concept.

(Interesting. Maybe I'm not the only one who's 'got it bad'...)

"I thought you told me to stay away from him because you 'used to know about him' and that you were 'a more experienced doctor than me' and you knew it?" Meredith calls Addison out on her bluff.

"So then you're not going to tell me?" Addison sighs at Meredith.

"Nope," Meredith smirks at her. The same way that Cristina always smirks at her and she wonders who taught the other that one.

"Darn, do you really have to look all so smug about it?" Addison says to Meredith frustratedly.

"Well, it's not every day that I get to know more than my boss so yeah" Meredith grins at her.

And it's just so damn cute that Addison can't resist grinning a little bit back at her.

"Why do you ask about him anyways?" Meredith questions her.

"Oh, just because we're discharging John today as you know and I need to ask him why he held him on a psych hold instead of admitting him to the surgical service right away" Addison says smoothly.

"Right," Meredith says, mostly convinced.

"Makes sense, right?" Addison asks her.

"Well, sure. Do you want me to talk to him for you then?" Meredith questions her.

"I might even be able to get us a favor" Meredith waggles her eyebrows suggestively.

"No, I can handle that part myself," Addison says a bit too forcefully.

"Right. You ARE the boss, Doctor Boss" Meredith doesn't think twice about Addison's motives.

"Ah, but never as much as Doctor Bailey" Addison quirks.