Chapter 22: Break On Through, Part Twelve

PREVIOUSLY ON "FALLING APART, BARELY BREATHING":

Addison holds the no-longer-fake-pregnant-because-he-has-a-teratoma-patient, named John as he cries. And she starts crying, too, when he tells her finally, to "go chase after that lollipop girl, until the very end of the earth. Tell her your secrets, let her ask you her questions. And then let her love you, let her catch you. And let yourself fall. Let yourself fall in her arms. And let yourselves fall in love" he says.

And Addison watches as the clearness comes over his expression, and feels as her own foggy green eyes have finally cleared up a little more than they have been in a long time...

END OF FLASHBACK SEQUENCE.

Falling Apart, Barely Breathing

In Which Addison meets Meredith in a bar. Things spiral from there. This is the story about what might have happened after Meredith asks Derek to "Pick Me, Choose Me, Love Me" but before he decides to do anything about it, and after SHE decides to do something about it. MerAdd. Meddison. Set during "Bring the Pain" GA. An Addison Montgomery/Meredith Grey - Grey's Anatomy Fanfiction. Written by me, @bobbiejelly

Chapter 22: Break On Through Part Twelve

**** This section occurs in chronological parallel with the previous chapter, in the same timeframe where Addison was talking with the patient, Alex & George were having fun, and the patient has had his operation.****

Ergo, I could say, "Meanwhile in O.R TWO..."

"So who knew, Addison Montgomery is a lesbian!" Meredith tries to sound subtle and not at all chipper at this (for her, at least) very exciting news.

Cristina smirks a bit at Meredith who tries to look away first but Cristina catches her eye and Meredith blushes.

'And what a cool way to come out, too, in an O.R no less!" Izzie says all romantically.

"Well, if you put it THAT way, I guess" Meredith laughs a bit nervously.

"Well do you want to go around and share all our 'coming out stories' Cristina says with a shrug as she stands at the side of the patient.

"Yeah!" Izzie says excitedly, mostly because she really wants to hear Cristina's.

"As long as your storytime does not interfere with my teaching time, I suppose I can allow it" Bailey pipes in with a hum.

She's trying to be extra supportive of this because she knows that the other attendings (except probably Addison) would be very encouraging and accepting towards them all.

"Well, I guess I'll go first then" Izzie answers her very own question.

"So I grew up in a trailer park. But you knew that that's not new. But what you might not have known is that the trailer parks always threw the most WILD of parties. And I liked to go to the parties in high school..." Izzie begins.

"And there were always these girls making out with these girls. And like I said before I always pictured myself with the princesses when I grew up. And these girls they both looked like princesses." she adds.

"And anyway, one night my friends and I were at this one party playing the game spin-the-bottle. And there was a chance for me to join in the game. So I played spin-the-bottle and then I got a girl. And that was the first time that I kissed one" Izzie keeps going.

"Did you share that story with Addison? You two have a whole lot in common with your coming out experiences" Cristina smirks up at her and side-glancing at Meredith, just so she could see Meredith give her a frown.