Chapter 29: Sees, Looks, Imagines...

Author's Note:

THE RATING HAS CHANGED TO "E" or "M" or whichever For EXPLICIT. You are WARNED.

Side note: About why the character's thoughts might be in the third person,

This is an interesting question that I had not thought of, actually.

Partially it is written so the audience won't misplace whose internal thoughts they are.

Partially it is because I find it entertaining when the character's inner thoughts are in conflict with each other.

And partially because the story is told in a third person sort of omniscient perspective, with each character having their 'time' where the story is in 'their third person limited...'

Which is also occasionally interrupted by narrations.. Really unsure myself, actually.

Answer to a reader question: Do I ever talk with myself in the third person?

(Yes, bobbiejelly does, at times. Actually...)

(Hush, bobbiejelly, that's rather weird to be telling people you know...)

(Well, they ASKED...!)

(Anyways, despite this, bobbiejelly will consider adding more inner thoughts in the first person...)

Thanks for your thoughtful reviews!

Take care and enjoy this chapter.

bobbiejelly

PREVIOUSLY ON "FALLING APART, BARELY BREATHING":

Addison tucks a hair behind Meredith's ear and says "thank-you, sweet dreams, Meredith" before heading off for her shower.

She'll be grateful, very soon, that she hadn't said anything more in-depth than that, like confessed or professed a crush or something more to Meredith Grey like, just now.

She'll be pretty damn relieved once she finds out later that Meredith Grey had actually been awake and just not moving, for that entire exchange, just so she could remember the feeling of Addison Montgomery tucking her into bed for a moment.

END OF FLASHBACK SEQUENCE.

Falling Apart, Barely Breathing

In Which Addison meets Meredith in a bar. Things spiral from there. This is the story about what might have happened after Meredith asks Derek to "Pick Me, Choose Me, Love Me" but before he decides to do anything about it, and after SHE decides to do something about it. MerAdd. Meddison. Set during "Bring the Pain" GA. An Addison Montgomery/Meredith Grey - Grey's Anatomy Fanfiction. Written by me, bobbiejelly

Chapter 29: Sees, Looks, Imagines...

Addison Montgomery sighs as she decides to herself that Meredith Grey has finally fallen asleep, as her breathing is even and her eyes are pressed sleepily shut.

So Addison stands up from the bed, and she tiptoes across the floor to the shower room. Addison begins to undress herself, removing her jewelry, first. Then she removes her shirt, lifting her arms over her head.

She takes off her pants and her bra, relieved that she's finally washing this tired afternoon off of all of her skin. When Addison takes off her panties, she gasps when she realizes they're soaked to the skin, and she smiles privately to herself, remembering Meredith's massage.