Chapter 36: With A Wonderful & Wild Wardrobe Malfunction

Thank You,

bobbiejelly

Falling Apart, Barely Breathing

In Which Addison meets Meredith in a bar. Things spiral from there. This is the story about wha t might have happened after Meredith asks Derek to "Pick Me, Choose Me, Love Me" but before he decides to do anything about it, and after SHE decides to do something about it. MerAdd. Meddison. Set during "Bring the Pain" GA. An Addison Montgomery/Meredith Grey - Grey's Anatomy Fanfiction. Written by bobbiejelly

Chapter 36: With a Wonderful and Wild Wardrobe Malfunction

Taking extra showers a day can be a real pain...Or not...

"You're not Cristina?" Addison says to Meredith in question when she walks in with Izzie Stevens to work on the Pyloric Stenosis case with her.

It's not in a menacing tone, more of a tone of confusion as Addison tries to update the chart in a panic and notify the nurses of her change in the staffing.

"I'm not Cristina," Meredith says to her bitterly, and Addison has no idea why this would set Meredith off until Izzie nudges her in the shoulder and raises her eyebrows pointedly at Addison again.

"Oh," Addison says before she can recover.

"Oh, it's not about that, I was just surprised, I promise," Addison says trying to backtrack.

Meredith looked like she wanted to burn Addison or something because calling her "not Cristina" just reminded Meredith pointedly that she had NOT gotten to be Addison Montgomery's very first girl-kiss EVER and that made her furious already, without being called "not Cristina."

"Cristina's with Burke. She wanted Cardio. We traded," Meredith says to her, trying to jog Addison's memory.

For a second there, Meredith is terrified that Addison had had a blackout after only three Gin and Tonics and that she'd have to explain their whole evening all over.

But luckily for all of them, this is not really the case. Addison does remember, it just takes her a second to place it. And then Addison nods, remembering the part about Meredith being excited about the babies.

And then she smiles at her and says thank-you for offering Cristina a cardio case because even Addison had been unable to talk Burke into it after a short discussion at the bar before the interns had even arrived.

And Meredith nods at her skeptically, before Izzie settles in again, too. Because she wasn't as upset as Meredith but she also doesn't like to be reminded of the Addison-Kissing-Cristina thing, because it makes her jealous of Addison for kissing Cristina, whereas Meredith is jealous of Cristina for kissing Addison.

There's also the fact that this room is sort of super awkward and dangerous and a land-mine now.

Because Addison knows that Izzie knows about her whole story and identity as the 'mystery person' but has promised not to give Meredith any more hints so Addison can break the news about it all for herself.

And Izzie knows that Addison is thinking this as she tries to be a good and fair teacher to both of them while secretly crushing on Meredith while Meredith is secretly crushing on her right back.

And THEN there's the whole question of Anna and Emmett, who both know that Doctor Montgomery and Doctor Grey are both having 'love problems like you wouldn't BELIEVE'.

And that Meredith had made a 'secret admirer' gift and that Addison had a 'secret admirer' and that they figured these things were related but they weren't going to say that to either of them.