Exclusive First Chapter

Hello my lovely readers! As Royally Flushed is teaching it's climax, I have started a new story that I will post once this book is finished, and since that will probably be in the next two weeks, I thought I'd give you all an exclusive first look at the first chapter of Fame!

Chapter One:

She was ridiculously popular.

A freshman at our state college and she was already one of the most sought after females in the entire school...so of course the universe declared that she shall be my roommate.

Oh, joy.

They paired the most attention seeking girl with the one who was trying the most to blend into the background and basically be invisible, almost like the world was having one big old laugh at my expense.

Har har, not funny!

Dark chocolate luscious hair and warm caramel skin, she was the epitome of gorgeous and I would have praised her on that fact had the first words out of her mouth not have been, "This side is mine, that's yours. If you stay on your side and don't bug me then we'll be good. Kay? Kay."

Blair Sorensen was in a class all her own, and I would have sworn she would have made the perfect sorority sister but according to one of her conversations that I'd eavesdropped on, her parents didn't want her to join a sorority her first year to focus on her schoolwork and not goofing around with a bunch of girls.

I had to admit that although sororities could be misconstrued to be party groups, they did do a lot of charitable work and were good for communities and I had thought once upon a time of joining my mom's alma mater, Kappa Theta Delta, but that was a lifetime ago. That was before I lost Ryan.

Her eyes zeroed in on me once again, and although we were already two weeks into school, she still filled me with a little bit of fear and uneasiness, and I hated that she could do that to me.

"Felicity, is this your yogurt in the fridge?"

I looked her point blank in her dark brown eyes and thought, here we go again.

"I'm the only one of us who buys it so yes, that would be mine."

She flipped her shoulder length hair around her and snapped a laser focused glare on me. I groaned and rolled my eyes internally as she began her speech.

"You know this yogurt is three days past expiration. If you keep leaving expired foods in the fridge they're gonna stink up everything! I always tell you this and you- are you even listening to me? Ugh, I so need a new roommate."

Me too, sistah.

"Look, if it's expired just throw it out, don't yell at me like I'm your mom.  Are we done here? I have studying to do."

She huffed and straightened her Brandy Melville top, a designer she made sure I knew the name of when I complimented it one time, and began to clean up, making obnoxious noise as she did so.