Chapter 14: The Web

Update (11/26/21): Minor sentence changes and grammatical errors were fixed. Changes to a conversation.

Update v.2 (05/28/23): So like...I don't remember what was fixed lol BUT I did edit this chapter again on this day. Sorry! My birthday was about two weeks ago and my brain still hasn't gotten back to full functioning.

WARNING ⚠️ Honestly, this chapter is lowkey a filler. It's kind of short, and nothing like...interesting happens until the middle-ish/end, so feel free to skip (or read all the way through if you love me lol).

P.S. – The upper right corner of the picture is how Jasper is playing with Storm in this chapter. Enjoy!

        You sighed, looking at the dashboard in your car for the time. 3:13 PM. You turned your head slightly to look at the gem beside you, smacking her thigh as hard as you could. "Ow! What the fuck was that for?!" Jasper screamed as you shut the car off.

       "I told you not to make a mess in my car, and look what you did!"

       "You're overreacting."

       "I'm overreacting?! You better clean up this mess, Jasper," you said sternly, pointing at the crumbs, fries, and fast food bags on your car floor and in Jasper's lap. You had stopped by a burger place after Jasper began complaining about being hungry again. Not that you really cared, you were hungry too. You opened your door, looking around the beach for a moment. No one was on the sand as far as you could see. Good. You closed the door behind you, going to the trunk to take out the suitcase. It was heavier than it was before since Jasper's clothes were now in there as well. You slammed the trunk down, wincing, hoping you didn't make enough noise to alert the Crystal Gems, even if they were down on the other side of the beach. You walked around to the passenger side, giggling as Jasper grumbled about having to clean up her mess. "I swear you're a child. Over five thousand years old my ass."

       "You're just asking to get punched in the face."

       "Please do it. I dare you," you said laughing, observing Jasper to make sure she got every single crumb.

       "Maybe if I hit hard enough, I could make you look decent," the gem replied, chuckling as she shut the car door with her hip. You kicked her in the back of her knees, frowning when her legs didn't buckle. You walked back around the car again, this time Jasper following behind you. You set the suitcase down in front of the door, noticing a box farther over on your porch, just under the window.

       "Jasper, grab that box for me please."

       "What's in it?" she asked, walking over to it and nudging it with her foot. You shrugged, sticking your house key into the lock and turning it. You pushed the door open after twisting the knob, picking the suitcase back up, and stepping over the threshold with it. You turned and leaned out the door to see Jasper sliding her hand under the box, hoisting it onto her shoulder.

       "Ooh, good job!" Jasper rolled her eyes at you as you giggled, shutting the door behind her once she was completely inside the house. You locked the door again, walking over to put your keys on the hook in the wall. Jasper tossed the greasy food bags into the trash, setting the box down on the kitchen island. You began searching in your kitchen drawers for a boxcutter, exhaling loudly when you didn't find one. As a last resort, you grabbed the chef's knife from your knife block, running the tip of it along the middle of the box where the tape sealed it shut.