Chapter 3: Trust that Gained...?

(Y/N)'s POVI woke up and sat up on my bed as my dream ended, my forehead was dripping in cold sweat with my tears falling down my face

(Y/N)'s POV
I woke up and sat up on my bed as my dream ended, my forehead was dripping in cold sweat with my tears falling down my face. The first thought in my head was to take out my necklace, but I noticed that it was already out of my pajamas. I was so confused, I'm pretty sure that I tucked it in my floral (F/C) kimono like I always do. I clutched my phoenix pendant as I gave a long sigh. It's as if my pendant floated in front of my face and landed on my chest, just like in my dream... I removed my hold on the pendant of my necklace as I hid it in my dress, took my gloves that was on my drawer and wore them. I quickly went outside of my room to prepare breakfast in case Gramps and Hak were still asleep.

As we were all done eating our meals, I placed our empty plates in the kitchen sink and went to Gramps. "Can I start practicing now? Since you said we can start at any time this week." I questioned blankly but with excitement that was visible by my hands tugging lightly on my hair.

"Are you sure you want to learn how to fight? Just because you're a kid and a girl, doesn't mean I'll go easy with the practices. I want to know that you will take this seriously, and when you learn that you'll use your skills for good reasons." Gramps stated while looking straight in my eyes. He was giving an intimidating look, but to me, it was just out of care.

"I will take this seriously, I already planned to at the beginning. I don't want you to train me because of those reasons or other stuff in particular. I will always use the skills and practices you will teach me now for reasons that will prove good and needed to you and by others, I also promise you that I will practice fighting and defending myself." I said seriously and with confidence.

I didn't flinch nor move from Gramps intense gaze on me the entire time. When I finished talking, Gramps removed his intense gaze and smiled at me.

"Then we will start now." Gramps said as he was now ruffling my hair.

"Thank you." I only nodded and bowed to Gramps in gratitude.

Gramps nodded back and went outside to probably set what we needed for my training. I noticed that there was still a gaze looking at me. I turned my head to see Hak staring at me seriously before he finally spoke up.

"So you promised Gramps to train you with fighting huh? If you're still going to do it, just know that he was serious about not going easy on you." Hak stated, which seemed like he was trying to make me reconsider my decision.

"If you listened to the whole conversation, I intend to keep my promise and train, no matter how much you try to scare me away and how hardworking it is to do. Just know that I've dealt with hard, so it's not new to me." I stated blankly to him.

"Then you should probably change if you already knew that it was going to be hard. It's going to be a lot of exhaustion, work, sweat, practice, and especially pain." Hak gave me a smirk as he pointed out, still trying to make me back down.