Chapter 12: A Leap of Faith

(Y/N), Hak, and Yona were about to head out and leave the Wind Tribe, but Mun-deok stopped them in their tracks and told them where they should go

"A Priest?" Hak and (Y/N) asked in unison, staring at their grandfather with a questioning look.

"That's right. Since ancient times, there have been priests in Kouka who gazed into the Kingdom's future. It's said they live somewhere in the land of wind." Mun-deok pointed towards the direction of the 'Priest'.

"If you're unsure of what you should do, you should consult them, Yona-hime. They are sure to show you the right path." Mun-deok turned to face Yona, giving her a smile to show her to trust him.

• • •

3rd POV
The three best friends were standing at the Northern Mountains, following the path that Mun-deok told them that would lead to the Priest. Yona was sitting down on the ground, her back facing the rocky wall of the mountain. Hak was standing in front of the two, trying to search any sign of where the Priest might be staying. (Y/N) had her back leaning against the hard wall on the Princess's right side, her right hand beside her sword's handle to prepare for an attack if an ambush were to happen.

"Hak? Do you see anything?" The princess asked impatiently, since all that they've been doing were going to random places of the mountain and look for the Priest.

"Not a thing. Seriously, old man? How are we supposed to find someone if we don't know where he is?" Hak sighed in annoyance, his patience starting to run low from their journey to find a missing person.

"I actually heard that they used to live in the temple of the Royal Palace. That they were once a powerful force in national politics." (Y/N) told the group, her eyes looking up at the sky.

"But when Lord Yu-hon cracked down on them, they all left. Now they live in remote areas in secret." Hak continued, turning to the group when he thought he had enough searching.

"And yet we don't even know if the 'Priest' is even alive to begin with, so we might be searching for nothing." (Y/N) pointed out to the two with a bitter expression on her face.

Of course, she trusts her Gramps words, but it just seemed like they really had nothing to hold their hopes on to. So they might just be looking for the Priest because they were desperate for help, or that they could possibly get out alive and well with the Princess.

"We came here because it's so remote, but can anyone really live here?" Yona-hime was starting to lose faith because of (Y/N)'s words.

The princess knew (Y/N) to be someone that was willing to look on the bright side of things, no matter how dark the situation was. So it really shocked her when she was the first to lose hope in their journey. (Y/N)'s optimistic facade was starting to crack from their journey, it really shows that the events that led them to that point are taken differently by everyone. (Y/N) hearing Yona's words made her regret to speak up, the last thing she would want was to see broken Yona again because of her. Hak sensed the females hopelessness, he immediately spoke up to remove the growing tension in the air by what was said before.