Chapter 10: Where it All Started

(Y/N)'s POV"I'm back home

(Y/N)'s POV
"I'm back home...." I gave a wide smile as we walked towards the entrance of Fuuga.

It has been a while since Hak and I visited Gramps in the village. Maybe I could even meet my little Tae-yeon... It's too bad that I didn't bring any presents, I promised him that I would come back and give him the best present ever. I guess this is one of the rare occasions where I break my promise. I shook the thoughts out of my heads, trying to think of positive things to change my mood. I then saw Han Dae and Tae-woo sleeping at the main entrance of Fuuga, still not noticing that we were in front of them.

"Han Dae! Tae-woo! You should know that you never fall asleep on duty." I scolded as I was waking the two by shaking their shoulders.

"W-What...?"

"Lady (Y/N)?"

I gave them a smile, giggling a bit at their confused faces. Their reactions were to be expected since we never gave any message we would come visit.

"Lord Hak?" Tae-woo glanced at the two that were behind me, making the other acknowledge their presence.

"You just came back today? It's been so long. About ten years, right?" I gave Tae-woo a confused face, it's only been three years...

"Was the General fired? Oh well, there's always next time." Han Dae said, making me noticed that the two looked more relaxed than they should be in their job.

"Lazy as usual." I sighed at Hak's blunt reply.

"We are the Wind Tribe. We live as freely as the wind~"

"Who sent these guys out to patrol?"

"Lord Hak!"

"Lady (Y/N)!"

As we were walking inside Fuuga now, people started crowding us as if we were famous people. I could tell that they were as shock at Han Dae and Tae-woo to see us arrive.

"The young chief and his partner has arrived!"

"It has been so long!"

"When did you come back?"

"Oh my, you're becoming more and more handsome~"

"Lady (Y/N) has grown more radiant than last time she visited."

I gave out a sigh, I wasn't still used to the unnecessary compliments and attention that they give us everytime we come back. I knew that it was because Hak was a general, but I still debate if it were because I'm the second grandchild of Gramps or when I captured a group of traitors that were hiding in the Tribe.

"Oh? Who is this?"

"Are you Lady (Y/N)'s maid?"

"Are you Lord Hak's woman?"

I started listening to what they were talking about Yona, but I wasn't able to hide the fact that I almost choked on my own breath with the last question. I turned to look at Hak, silently asking him what we should say.