Chapter 11: Beaten with the Truth

(Y/N)'s POVTen minutes already passed by after we noticed the river dried up

(Y/N)'s POV
Ten minutes already passed by after we noticed the river dried up. In those few minutes, Hak called Han Dae to investigate about the situation. I also voulunteered to go with Han Dae, which took more time than needed to convince Hak before he hesistantly let me leave with Han Dae. We were both talking about our years in our work while we were walking in the direction of the river, laughing a bit when we made jokes and rants from time to time. I was close with Han Dae more than Tae-woo, especially since he's more tolerable than him; which I'll never admit out loud.

But when we arrived at our destination, we were shocked to see Fire Tribe guards stationed in front of boulders that were blocking the water. What the hell are they doing? I could feel rage flowing in me, seeing what they were doing made my blood boil, but not to the point my rational thinking was blocked. It made me a bit relieved that they still haven't noticed us, so I took the chance and made both of us hid behind some nearby bushes.

"Han Dae, let's go back and inform this to Hak." I whispered to my companion as I pulled him to go back.

I then noticed that he didn't budge and looked like he was as angry as me, if not then more so.

"I am not going back. If they want to pick a fight, then I'll give it to them."

"Han Dae, are you hearing yourself? Going up to them and starting a fight will not solve anything, it will only make matters worse. So just keep quiet and follow me." I tried to reason, but it looked like it wasn't getting to his head.

I started to panic when Han removed his arm from my hold as he started to walk out of our hiding spot, not before giving me a disagreeing look.

"Han Dae! Come bac-"

"Oi bastards! What do you think you are doing in our territory? Don't you know we treat intruders not so kindly like we do to guests." Han Dae stood in front of all the guards, trying his best to intimidate them.

As expected of these guards, they just laughed out loud when Han Dae was finished with his threat. He didn't even received a twinge of fear or doubt from then, only arrogance and confidence.

"Go leave now brat. As we the kind Fire Tribe people are, we will give you mercy from your stupidity in trying to start a fight." The male that seems to be the leader of the group laughed, making the other guards laugh with him.

"I don't need any mercy from people like you, people that think they can do anything they want in their lives. I actually am not angry with you, I pity you on how low you guys could get in life."

What Han Dae said made the leader triggered, which just made me more concerned for my stupid friend.

"Boys! Let us teach this brat a lesson for messing with the Fire Tribe. Let's see now who is the one pitying the other." The leader smirked as he raised his hand towards Han Dae, making the armed guards walk towards him to attack him.