Chapter 9: The Aftermath...

This Chapter's sole purpose is to make the Reader see more of (Y/N)'s thoughts of what she feels and thinks after everything that happened.

(Y/N)'s POV
It's almost been an hour since we left the Castle walls and I still couldn't believe that all of this is really happening. It seems like it was only yesterday when I went to Hiryuu Castle and met Yona and Soo-won for the first time, and now we're fleeing for our lives with Yona-hime when Soo-won decided to betray our trust on Yona's Birthday. Her damn Birthday of all the dates! Did he think that King Il's death is a good enough present for her? Hak was leading the way through a path that was a bit familiar to me, I just hope that we're going to a place that could actually do us some good. I then saw Yona catching her breath as she stopped to lean her back on a tree we just passed.

"Yona-hime, do you need a short break?" I asked the silent Princess, seeing her nod her head at my question.

I gave a soft sigh, making sure that not a single piece of paper fell from my satchel. I was about to suggest to Hak that we should start finding materials so that we could survive for the night, but I was cut off by a voice I thought wouldn't speak.

"(Y/N)... Hak... Did Min-soo die? I wonder... will I die too? Will Soo-won take your lives?"

"As long as I am here breathing, I will not let anything happen to us." I reassured Yona as I gave a small smile.

"I'll never hand my life to that asshole." I glared at Hak at what he said, he should know that he should pick his words carefully around Yona with this topic.

"Don't leave me... Because if you die, I won't forgive you two." Yona-hime replied quietly as she was slowly falling asleep.

I frowned when I saw Yona's tears were still visible on her cheeks. I instinctively wiped her tears gently with my hand, making sure that I wouldn't wake her up. I gave one last glance at the sleeping princess as I stood up and faced Hak with a neutral expression.

"Let's start getting materials for our stay here tonight. I'll be in charge of the fire and shelter while you find some water and food for us."

"Aye aye, Captain." Hak gave me a mock salute before turning his back to me and walking away to get what I asked him.

I couldn't prevent myself to give a soft giggle at the attempt of making me smile from Hak, making me remember the time where he made me laugh accidentally when we first met. But I didn't noticed that Hak heard it and knew that he somewhat succeeded in his plan.

"Aren't you going to eat?" Hak asked Yona as he handed her a cooked fish on a stick, seeing her staring at the distance with a dull face.

"If you don't want fish, would you prefer bird instead?" Hak suggested, but he still didn't got any answer from the silent Princess.