Sweet Little Reaper

You

I slowly stirred as a slight strike of pain came to my lower torso.

I hissed and groaned as I tried to sit up from my bed.

Wait-

My bed? No, it's not my bed. Frankly, it's not my room I'm in. It was a foreign room, smaller than my actual bedroom but it was cozy, I like it.

"Where am I?", I said as I held my head which was spinning. I tried to recall what happened before I ended up here.

Ah, I walked through a portal and I remembered standing in the rain and someone with silver hair before everything went black.

I touched my torso and it amazingly healed, no deep cut of a silver knife or blood oozing out.

"Someone must have treated my wound", I mumbled and the door immediately opened, making me snap up in defence mode.

A familiar head of silver popped up from behind the door and he slowly walked into the room with a tray of food.

"You're awake", he said and I used my sense of smell to identify which supernatural creature he was.

"A reaper", I whispered as I widened my eyes. His dark hazel ones turned into the same shade of silver of his hair as they tore into my soul.

"So you are royalty", he said as his silver eyes slowly darken into his original dark orbs.

"Am I dead? Are you going to take my soul away?", I asked in panic. Maybe I healed because I was already dead.

But why does death feels so comforting?

"What? Pfft, no, why am I gonna take your soul away? You're still alive, princess", he said as he laughed in delight.

His smile was sweet and contagious. His eyes disappeared into small adorable crescents as he laughed.

"I'm still alive?", I asked and he nodded as he came closer with the tray of food in his hands.

"Here, I'm sure you're hungry. Plus, you lost a lot of blood from your wound. You should eat", he said sweetly as he placed the tray of food in front of me.

It was a colourful plate of food, filled with meat and healthy veges in it. Colourful.

"You didn't poison this, right?", I asked and he laughed.

"I'm a reaper, princess. I can't mess with people's death. I would get wiped off from existence if I do. So there's no harm I can do to you", he said with a smile.

He's sweet. I expected reapers to be cold and heartless but he is just the total opposite. He's sweet as sugar and as bright as the morning sun.

I must have looked at him too long because he snapped his fingers in front of my face, snapping me back to reality.

"You got lost for a moment there", he said as his dark orbs shone with honesty. There's no way a sweet little reaper like him would lie to me.

"S-Sorry", I stuttered and he just smiled.

"You sure had some nasty wound back there", he said as I dig in into a plate of meat. It was delicious. Way better than the food I had at the castle. It's savoury taste totally blew my mind away.

"I was stabbed by silver. I couldn't heal like I always do", I said as I swallowed the delicious meal.

"Well, at least you healed. You almost died", he said and I smiled at him.

"May I ask?", I said and he waited for my question.

"Who healed me?", I asked and he smiled again. I guess he really smiles a lot.