Awakening

You

I sat by a cliff, staring off into the night as I hugged my knees. My veins felt tingly as I recalled the spell I casted just now.

I almost lost control.

I panicked when Jungkook was almost smacked into ashes and it made me lose control on the spell. I was focusing on the dark nasty creature but I almost blew off the entire mansion. I almost killed everyone.

I'm a monster.

The cold night wind blew against my face as a tear ran down my cheek. A memory of my mother singing me to sleep in her arms breaking my royal heart into pieces.

The funny thing was, I don't know how she died. I just woke up one day and Papa told me she was gone. Gone forever.

Soon, I felt a sharp pain on my forehead.

"Argh-", I winced as I smacked my forehead in pain. It felt like a knife was dragged along the front part of my skull, cutting my skin and my bone.

"Make it stop...", I said in pain as I gritted my teeth. It was unbearable and I let out a scream as my fangs creeped out.

"AHH!!", I screamed, more of roared.

My scream echoed through the night as the pain subsided as I took heavy breaths.

I stood up, almost stumbling myself off the cliff, and made my way to a nearby lake. My head hurts so much, I couldn't see properly.

With a few stumbles, I fell onto the grass and I looked at my reflection in the clear water as the moonlight reflected on it.

I was completely shocked.

On my forehead had been carved with the kingdom's royal flower; the rose.

On the middle of my forehead was the biggest rose; the sign of bravery. Another two roses on its side as two lines trailed off into my hair; the sign of loyalty and grace.

I gently grazed my finger on it and I watched as it slowly turned gold before it disappeared under my skin like it wasn't there.

"What was that...", I breathed as I regained my focus. I sat on the grass, trying to recall anything in the royal history book of any carvings like these.

What sign is that?

I soon gave up as my head was throbbing in pain. With a defeated sigh, I looked up at the moon.

I always admired it. Ever since I was a little girl.

It may be alone but it's the brightest star in the darkest nights. Shining as if hope was made for it. Just like how my mother quoted.

Something clicked in my head.

Namjoon and Yoongi just came back from the South so that means that they're philosophers.

They may know something about the carving on my head. There must be something in the history book they know.

I stood up, turning around and I ran back to the mansion to see Jin fixing up the mess. Without saying a word, I ran to find Namjoon and Yoongi.

To my luck, I found Namjoon in the mansion's library.

"Namjoon",I called out as he looked up from a parchment he was writing.

"Oh, hey, we were worried that you'd come back late. I'm glad you're safe", he said and I pursed my lips, trying to make a proper sentence without blabbering any nonsense.

"Can I ask you something?", I asked as I closed the door behind me and he took off the glasses that he was wearing.

"Sure. Come, sit", he said as he pulled a nearby chair and placed it in front of him. I walked towards the chair and sat down as his eyes studied me curiously.

"So, what is it that you want to ask?", he asked and I took a deep breath.

"Namjoon, I know you just came back from the South and I was hoping you could answer my question", I said.

"I'll try. There are some things I don't know. If I don't, you could ask Yoongi hyung. He knows more than I do", he answered and I nodded.

"You know the kingdom's flower crest, right?", I started first, fiddling with my fingers.

He just nodded, waiting for my question.

"Well, what does it mean when...it appears on someone's forehead?", I asked and he cocked an eyebrow, leaning back against his chair and he rubbed his chin, thinking.

"I've heard of something like that before. There's only a paragraph about the crest appearing on someone's forehead but it isn't just any someone. It only appears on, well, I don't remember but...she was royalty. A very powerful one", he said and I nodded, my question still unanswered.

"Where did you read that paragraph?", I asked and he frowned.

"It was from Yoongi hyung's diary. He usually reads the royal family's secrets that he found in books and writes them. A little secret, he says. He won't let anyone read it. Not even me", he said and I slumped my shoulders. My etiquette tutor would flip if she knew I wasn't sitting the way she told me how a proper princess should sit. Oh well, she ain't here, she can't stop me.

"Thanks anyways, sorry for bothering you, Namjoon", I said and he just smiled.

"Sure", he said and I bid my goodbye as I stepped out of the library.

I could have died from shock that night.

"Yoongi! Oh my god!", I almost screamed in shock if it weren't for his hand that covered my mouth.

"Shh! Come", he said, signalling me to follow him.

And I did.