Reunited

You

"Can you speak English, Aurum?"

I asked the golden female dragon as I threw a pebble into the salt water that was washing up on the white sandy beach outside the cavern I was in.

Aurum; her new name; was given cause of her golden scales. Aurum means gold in Latin so it really fits her well.

The dragon flexed her wings as she glanced down at me.

"Yes"

"How did you hear my call?", I asked as I hugged my knees.

"I'm bonded to you, Your Highness. Your blood runs in me as my blood runs in yours. So, I can sense when you're in trouble anytime, anywhere"

"Wait, how is our blood bonded? I mean, we've never met before", I asked again.

"Your mother made a bond between her family and mine. She made a blood promise between families when she was your age"

"Wow...I never knew that", I said as I was fascinated by what my mother could do.

"But I only managed to sense you yesterday. On the previous days, I felt nothing. That was until I felt a bad feeling and I found you in the waves"

"Is there a reason to that?"

Silence creeped between us as she looked as if she was thinking. Scrunching up her golden scales as she sparkled like the most valuable diamond to have ever existed.

"When is your birthday, Your Highness?"

Her question made me realise something. Yesterday, the day I was attacked and my friends were taken away from me...

Was my 24th birthday.

"Yesterday..."

"Ah...no wonder. Remember I said your mother made a blood promise when she was your age?"

I nodded as a simple response.

"She was 24 when she made that promise. I think our bond only happened when you're ready of age or some sort..and here we are"

"Wow, that's...that's such a coincidence", I said as I stood up, brushing the sand from my breeches as I did.

Mother never told me about this.

I mean, dragons? I thought they were extinct after the Vikings decided to hunt them all down and keep their heads on the walls like a bunch of decorations made for Christmas.

Perhaps I was wrong.

But something lingered in my head.

"Aurum, is my mother bonded to you in the first place...or did my mother bonded with your mother?"

"My mother. I was just a baby when she first arrived to our cavern. I got my scales from her. She had golden scales on her body and a few silver scales on her tail"

"Silver?", I asked as I recalled Jimin's silver hair and the day I saw a scene of my mother in Jimin's memories.

Am I connecting the dots?

"Would you like to meet my brother? I don't know where he went though. He said he was going to rescue-"

Her words were cut off as a deafening roar shook the sky as our heads shot up to the clear blue opening.

Only to see a silver silhouette of another powerful dragon tearing through the clouds as it's silver wings spread out like two new swords.

"There he is!!"

"That's your brother?", I asked as she was excited. She definitely loved her brother.

"Yes! Climb up, Your Highness. Perhaps a nice flight in the morning would cheer you up"

"Oh, sure...", I said as I hopped onto her scaly golden neck, gripping on one of the spikes along her spine to keep myself in one piece.

Aurum shot through the sky without a warning and my hands gripped tight as I felt the wind blowing against my face harshly.

"Woah!!", I screamed as she shot straight up into the sky, twirling through the sky as she caught up with her brother.

"Brother!!"

Aurum said excitedly as she halted in midair, her wings clearing up a cloud-covered sky as an identical silver dragon flapped right in front of her.

My hair was all over the place. My eyes looking down at the miniature sized islands below as I prayed I won't fall to my death.

And there he was, two sharp dragon eyes stared at me as I looked up from the view below me.

Its left eye was fully silver, while the other was flickering from silver to gold and back to silver again as if his sister's scales were reflecting on his orbs.

"Who is this mortal, sister? She smells quite calming"

A deep voice asked as he stared at me who was sticking onto Aurum's neck.

"She's that Princess we've been waiting for, brother. She's finally here!!"

"Princess? Your Highness, forgive me for my unforgivable behaviour"

He said as he lowered his head at me, as if he was bowing.

"No need to bow. I'm Y/N, and you are?", I said, asking the mighty silver dragon in front of me.

"Bizarre..."

A familiar voice caught my attention as I noticed the silver dragon rolling its beautiful eyes in annoyance.

"Could you shut up for once in a lifetime? I swear on the edge of my tail that I will throw you off my back without any second thoughts, midget"

Midget?

I narrowed my eyes as a spark of hope burst within me. My heart pumping as I grasp onto the last drop of hope I had in my hands. My breath hitching as I felt my eyes tearing up.

Could it be?

"Oh, come on, you said you were gonna let me fly all over-"

My mouth hung open as a tear ran down my cheek. His silver hair dry and messy as we grazed upon each other, peeking out from each dragon's back. His eyes, oh, his beautiful eyes.

His left eye was silver, swirling like a vortex as long lashes made it look intimidating and breathtaking, as if I was falling from an endless blue sky with no worries, not one bit.

But his right eye.

It was flickering from silver, to gold, and flicker back to its original shining colour like a burning fire in a cold winter night filled with snow.

"Jimin?", I choked on my tears as no words could express how happy I am to see him.

"Y/N...", a tear ran down his eye as he finally spoke up, smiling upon my existence right before his very eyes.

"Your Highness, please tell me he's not your Prince Charming cause he certainly does not deserve to..."

"Oh, shut your nasty snout up, don't be jealous I have a hot queen for myself and you don't. You're too scaly and cranky to have one", Jimin snapped at him, making me and Aurum laugh telepathically.

"Is he your boyfriend, Your Highness?"

Aurum asked as she continued to flap her wings.

My eyes looked upon Jimin again as his eyes stared into mine, making me forget how to breath as I gripped onto Aurum's spike.

"He's my King"