10. Requested or forced?

~~~Lawrence's POV~~~

Mr Alphi's door shut with a thud and then a figure came into view. What shocked me more than the fact that the person had walked inside the room without me noticing was that it was a girl.

"Dorothy?" I got up.

"Hello Lawrence! So nice to see you again. May I come in?" She asked softly.

"Yes. Please." I stared at her cute face, always smiling.

"How have you been?" She questioned, standing at the door itself.

"I have been really good. Please sit." I cleared the table to make some space available in front of the chair.

"Oh no. It's fine. I don't wish to disturb you. I just wanted to meet you and ask how you are keeping. I'll leave without wasting your time anymore." She grinned before waving.

"No. It's not.. Please sit. You won't be disturbing. You can stay for sometime." I offered her the chair.

"You are inviting trouble for yourself. My mouth is not among the most cooperative chatter boxes." She winked.
"Atleast this place will be lively for sometime." I settled in my chair.

"Met Mr Alphi?" I asked.

"Yup. He requested me to be outside." She shrugged.

"Requested or forced?" I raised an eyebrow and she looked down before fixing her gaze back with mine.

"You heard it?"
"Nah. I know him." I explained.

"Hmm. Anyway. How did you creep inside without me seeing you?" I queried.

"Magic." She waved her hand dramatically.
"Magic. Sure. Just a Second."

I called Mr Alphi through the intercom.

"Hello? Sir I apologise I didn't see her going. My fault not hers." I monotoned on the receiver.
"Be careful next time. Also, talk to.. Let it be." I muttered an okay and kept the receiver back.

"Thank you." She spoke earnestly.

"So you are here alone all day? Absorbed in files and his orders? Don't you get bored?" She wiggled her eyebrows.

"It fulfils the purpose of being here. And no. It's not boring." I answered, putting a few papers into the drawer.

"I wanted to ask for a favour Lawrence if you don't mind and are free." She whispered.

"Spill." I closed the drawer.

"I don't know how to use this. Can you teach me? Just basic things." She struggled a little and then placed a phone box on the table.

"What?" I alternated between her face and the box incredulously.

"I don't know how to use this. I know it's stupid but please. Help me?"

I paused.
"It's fine if you don't want to or you're busy. I don't mind actually. It's okay. I mean you continue with your work. I'll leave probably. It was great to see you." She got up nervously.