21. Ouch! Step Brother.

Well. I realised late that I had gone too far last night. When I actually saw her medicine on the floor, I just hit my head on the wall. I literally did. And it hurt. Ouch!
But she shouldn't have hidden my paper work. No matter what.

She should hate you and be tired of your insults!

But then I need to be civil in insulting her.

Oxymoron.

The medicines --as I read on the Internet-- induced drowsiness and were for normal cold and cough. She must have needed it for her throat. I take different ones, those that are not harmful for allergic people.

Get your mind off yesterday! I sighed as I glanced at her, sitting beside me, perpetually excited.
Due to constant terrible rainfall and thundering, my plane couldn't reach there. So here we were, in a bus, headed back to our city.

She was so excited about sitting in the bus and I was equally morose. It had been almost three hours and she had yawned twice. Probably, she had had the medicine in the morning before we left. I saw her throwing the empty wrapper.

Soon enough, she fell asleep on the headrest.

I was checking my emails when suddenly the damned driver clicked the breaks. The bus screeched to a stop and before I could hold it back, chipmunk's head hit the seat in front.

Shit.

"Ow." She mumbled softly to herself. Looking around, her gaze caught mine.

You told her that you will not speak to her. So don't.

The road scenery outside got my attention.

"Are you still angry Dex?" She asked.

I ignored.
^^^

When I felt load on my shoulder, I pried open my eyes. How the hell did I fall asleep in this chugging machine? I had sat beside the window due to some reason.

I ground my teeth and looked at my arm.

You guessed it, didn't you?

I gave her a shove, snapping out of my train of thoughts.

"Ouch." She spoke, loudly and coughed.

Frowning, she glanced at me and then looked away.

"I am sorry. I am just..." She stopped as I scrolled through my phone.
"Really sleepy." She completed to herself.

The guy who had sat down beside her sometime back, gave her a leer.

The driver kept bumping the breaks. Her neck must have ached but she just didn't keep awake. Her eyes drooped every second and then somehow opened, due to some or the other reason. Why is she so stupid?

When the bus stopped for a break, I got down. I took a cup of coffee and called to check up on Lawrence.
"Good afternoon Sir."

"How was the meeting?" I asked.

"It was not too good. I am glad you weren't there. You'd be pissed. Anyway, I believe we are steady. Did you check the mail I sent you in morning? That was the conditional analysis with last two years."