11. Impassively Baseless.

~~~Dex's POV~~~

"Good evening." She greeted as she was escorted to the private dining area by a waiter. She was wearing a black dress which looked elegant.

"Finally." I smirked.

"Was I that late?" She asked.

"Yes. I was about to leave." I sat upright.

"But you didn't. Mr Alphi. I feel honoured." She looked straight into my eyes, bold and confident.

"So. Let's begin, shall we?"
"Sure." She pulled out a folder from a bag I hadn't noticed her carrying.

She pulled out several papers and placed sorted sets at different positions on the the table. She stood up and shifted her seat nearer to mine and began explaining things. I carefully heard all she had to say, amidst noticing that I was paying attention to the way she was carrying herself. I mentally smacked myself on the head and turned my attention back to what she was saying.

When she finally was done, it had been over one hour.

She drank a glass of water and then put her papers back properly. Neat.

"Before we talk further, I think we should order something." I suggested, my mind still considering the information she enriched me with.

"Sure."
We ordered different things and once the Waiter left, turned our attention back to each other.

"So. Impressed, eh?" She asked.

"I would have asserted that your effort was more like that of a person interested in appeasing me rather than company growth, but no. All that you had to present was indeed well thought of and planned. I am glad to have invested my time in good stuff." I have her a brief smile.

Her face lit up differently and she mouthed a thank you.

"Uh and yes. About those designs, some of them were truly wonderful and innovative but the second card that you showed me wasn't up to the mark. I definitely would like you to present them to our designers. You claim the copyright over them, don't you?" I asked sipping the wine that I had ordered.

"Nope. One of my friends is an amateur artist. It's his work. But he definitely doesn't mind me taking this." She answered, adjusting her gown on her shoulder.

"There comes lack of knowledge Miss Pethic. As a company, we don't care whether or not someone has any informal relation with one who has any role in the progress. The person either needs to be a part of the firm, as a paid working employee or we have to do some legal things as guard against future issues." I described it to her. She listened to me carefully and then nodded.

"Alright. I'll tell you about that accordingly." She nodded her head once and then looked up at me again as I placed back my wine glass.

"I owe you an apology for speaking rudely to you last night." She touched her hair and settled them.

"That you do. I do too owe you a thank you. I would try to work with your idea once you present it to the board. I can assure; you have my support in this." I said.

The food arrived and we helped ourselves.

"For your thanks, I will need something." She smirked.