12. Like you. Screwed up.

After a havoc in the morning, a hectic day in the office, I returned home. Lawrence is going to fired by me very soon.
You wanna know why?

"Where is my coffee Lawrence?" I asked him when he entered my office during midday.

"The same place where you left your senses." He snapped.

"Mind your ****ing language Lawrence." I snapped back.

"How could you leave her alone here? She'd have been locked without any help." He retorted.
"That was exactly what I wanted." I replied calmly. Oh Kay.

He gave me an incredulous glare.

"Let's not forget who is the boss here." Cold words compete with money in response. His face paled with anger.

"This is not professional but moral and definitely you lack in there. I regarded you as an ideal, as a role model, as a mentor but what you did with her was absolutely bullish. She is new to the city, does not know her way, or infact anything about the city."

I didn't ask her come here. I breathed heavily.

"What if someone had caught her by the way, done some inhuman shit to her, kidnapped her or sold her off? Would you ever be able to sleep peacefully knowing you pushed her into something like that? She is so darn innocent." He raised his voice and for a moment I felt a thud somewhere.

"Shut up." I hissed waspishly.

"You're heartless." He spat.
"I know."

"Are you drunk?"

"Enough Lawrence." I stood up furiously. However, unlike all prior times, he didn't cower away.

So the kennel has given dog rejuvenation and audacity.

He looked away, swallowing angrily.

"Mr Alphi why don't you realise? She is a young girl. I don't care who she is to you. You could've asked me to take her and drop her somewhere. But what you did was brazenly illogical."

"I would appreciate it if you would stop teaching your boss what has logic and what lacks it. Get out and get back to work. Don't try to act smart or teach me. I would pay you extra to keep that preaching Saint inside you and silently do what I ask you to." I gritted, dismissing him.

I walked to the mini bar under the stairs thinking about what he said. Why would I not sleep properly if something were to happen to that idiot? Why would I even care? Her life, her problems. Why would it affect me?

Your Conscience would blame you for that.

Oh shut up.

Having grabbed a drink, I was going to head upwards when I heard two voices.

"I sincerely apologise for the lack of task sir. It has been due to slackness on my part. Although I have tried, but due to several inabilities, I had to.."
"I can dismiss you within these fifteen days. And if I don't then you will have to stay, right?"
Why would you rid me of trouble huh? Especially since you yourself got me this one.

"Yes sir. I would respectfully accept your decision if you want me to leave immediately. Nonetheless, I request you to give me one more chance. I assure you that I will not end up in smoke." Have I drunk more than I can handle? Or you hear the same thing?