Chapter 13 ~ Choices

This book has been doing so incredibly well, I've no idea why it's blown up so much but thank you!
My goal is to have it ranking in werewolf so please please share this book with friends and other wattpad users. Let's see how well we can get it to do for Freydis!!

Chapter 13: Choices
~

The safety of being hidden away in the den and I could finally breathe easily again. I could hear the commotion outside and the strong voice of Alpha Jakkon rang through the air.

Bjarke set my still trembling form on the bench and grasped both of my hands. "I'm going to get a few things to clean up the cuts. Do not leave this den, do you hear me?"

I nodded quickly. There was no way in Hel I was leaving this place when outside Dirk was surely stirring up the pack against me. I eyed the door. That wouldn't hold anyone back.

"Nobody will come in. They wouldn't dare. I am Beta here and they will all listen to me. You're safe, I promise you. I'll keep you safe," he vowed, squeezing my hands tight.

I clutched at him as he began to stand, fearing being left alone no matter what he said. He gave me a sympathetic look as he peeled my finger from him then left. But I'd seen the look in Dirk's eyes as he held is terrified mate. He blamed me. Maybe I blamed myself a little as well. I should never have left her alone. The second I caught the scent, I should have turned and dragged her back to the pack. It was no wonder he was suspicious, though it broke my heart to think Katrin had doubted me too.

Was I beginning to care for the wolves here? Why else would I be so terrified they were going to make me leave? I didn't want to leave. Valdis had shown me twice now he had no care for my life. He'd quite literally thrown me to the wolves.

When the door swung open again and Bjarke reappeared, I stood up. Desperation filled me and he frowned in concern.

"I don't want to leave!" I cried out, trying to stop my hands from shaking. "Don't let them make me leave."

He dropped what he was carrying and pulled me into his chest, wrapping strong arms around me. One hand gently stroked my hair and his voice was soft and soothing. "Nobody is going to make you leave. Katrin is out there right now telling everyone how you saved her life."

I melted into him, inhaling his scent. The scent of the male that had carried me for miles, made sure I ate, helped clean my wounds, offered to share his home, and fought his own packmates to teach them a lesson about me. I looked up at him, eyes scanning over his features and getting lost in those warm browns before falling to his lips.

Without really knowing what I was doing, my hand flew up to grip his hair and tug his head down. My lips crashed a little uncertainly against his and the Beta's whole body stiffened as he inhaled sharply. Then his arms loosened, hands falling to my hips and his lips started to move against mine. I did my best to copy what he did, pressing myself closer to the heat of him.

His hand squeezed my hips, keeping my body pressed flush against his. With no idea what I was doing, and feeling him start pull away, I stumbled out of his arms. My back hit the wall and I turned my head away. I should have known he'd pull away. What the fuck was I thinking?

"I'm sorry," I mumbled, closing my eyes as shame washed over me.

He shook his head, taking a few steps back too until he was on the other side of the hut. I was humiliated. Of course this male didn't want me. How could he? I wasn't beautiful or strong like the females in the pack. I was weak, scrawny, feral.

"You've had a tumultuous day and you're reacting to it. I don't want to do something now you might wake up and regret doing later," he answered gruffly.