Epilogue

Thank you all so much for your votes and comments, and getting this story ranking repeatedly in werewolf...

Make sure to join up to the Facebook group.
It has bonus chapters, games, giveaways, chances at winning free signed books from an array of authors (including myself), and much more!

Links on my message board or search Scottish-writer on Facebook.
Please go and like my Facebook page as well, you can also follow me on twitter and Instagram.

Book 6 - Way of the Wolf: Equilibrium is also now complete on Wattpad

***

Epilogue

The female was blushing under the attention she was getting. Something I could relate to, I'd felt the same way at first. She fidgeted as Katrin taught her how to tie the laces of her new shoes, a soft leather that would be easy to get used to. I did my best to tame her hair but this was one thing she didn't have my luck in. Having never been properly brushed before, it was a matted, knotted mess that I knew would have to be cut out. Something I wasn't being brave enough to tell her.

It wasn't within my skills to cut hair anyway. It could wait.

"Isn't that a lot warmer?" I asked, brushing my fingers along her shoulder, and the fabric of her new dress, trying to get her used to touch.

"It itches," she murmured back, her gaze on the ground.

I couldn't help but laugh at that. She really did remind me of myself. "You'll get used to it."

She didn't look so sure about my words but kept her silence. Aljana and I were right, she was a timid and submissive little thing. No longer feeling the need to fight for her life, she acted much like she did in fur; head down, shoulder hunched, making herself as small as possible. Unthreateneing.

"You just need a name now." Katrin smiled up at her, nudging the trembling female's chin to lift her head a little. "You haven't liked any of our ideas."

She shrugged helplessly, her gaze flicking up to Aljana who had been stubbornly standing guard. The tough female had managed to gain the trust of both twins after her help, protecting them, giving them food and a place to sleep. But she wasn't sure how to behave with them.

With a little teasing smile, I nudged my shoulder against my stern faced friend. "Yes, Aljana. You haven't given any ideas yet, you suggest something."

Blue eyes narrowed on me but I kept my smile in place, happily playing innocent. She needed to get used to being around these younger wolves because I had the feeling, like newborn pups, they'd imprinted on her. A begrudging mother-wolf.

She was going to say something snarky, I could feel that, until her gaze cut down to the female's big dark browns and something melted in her stance. Still, she shifted uncomfortably, clearing her throat before saying gruffly, "My mother's name was Gisli."

The females face lit up in a grin that seemed to warm up the entire hall. I chuckled, wondering if she'd have loved whatever name Aljana could have suggested simply because it was Aljana that had suggested it.

Gisli it was then.

If only her brother was quite as docile. His name had been picked quickly, a yelled word my father had tossed at him in frustration: Ebbe. Wild.

He was struggling to let his sister out of his sight after spending his entire life being her protector. Bjarke and Dirk had taken him hunting with them yesterday in an attempt to wear him out in the hopes he'd be less. . .feral. He was walking a finer line than I had. Searching for the matebond, I could feel that Bjarke had now returned and relaxed just a little. Gisli relaxed too, the tense lines of her shoulder finally softening. Her brother was back too.