Chapter 25 ~ Farewells

Chapter 25: Farewells
~

"Just. . . follow the lines," Bjarke said, shifting where he sat.

I rolled my eyes, cleaning the needle I held. "I know."

"Don't go too deep."

"I know what I'm doing," I grumbled, moving closer.

"And-"

"Be quiet!" I laughed, looking up at him. "If you're too scared, have Sol do it."

Sol chuckled quietly, shaking his head as my mate and I bickered. With a huff, Bjarke settled down, one hand gripping the table until it creaked.

I knew Orin was watching from where he was sat with his father and the hunters that were discussing where they would go. I should have been nervous, but I wasn't. I was excited to do my first tattoo, even if Sol had drawn it out for me.

It was a simple rune and though my Beta hadn't told me what it was for, I had my suspicions. It was the first letter of my name. And it was going in the space right above his heart.

As I leaned in, his breath tickled my forehead. He was watching my every move but I couldn't blame him for being nervous. I shuffled a little closer, my legs brushing against his as I did.

Letting out a slow breath, I worked quickly so he wouldn't have time to moan at me further. I followed the line down and smiled when I felt the tension leave him. It was an awkward angle for me to work at. I almost wished I could have him lie down so I could straddle him but if I suggested that, we'd probably end up getting distracted.

I smirked and added more ink to the needle. Bjarke and I got distracted a lot lately. Maybe it was hormones and it would fade away, or maybe I'd never be able to get enough of my male. Either way, I wouldn't complain as long as he let me work.

"Focus," Bjarke murmured, gripping the table again.

I was forever forgetting he was more in tune with my emotions than ever. Refocussing on the task at hand, I went over the first line once more. Part of me wanted to rush through it as quickly as possible so I could go to my first lesson with Madden and check on Katrin and the pup, but I forced myself to take my time.

My mate was trusting me to do this well and I loved him all the more for it. As I moved onto the next part, I felt Sol come up behind me. He didn't say anything and my back prickled with awareness. I paused to look up at him, waiting for his critique.

"Make sure to wash away the excess ink so you can see clearly," he advised, leaning in to get a closer look before going back to his seat.

Pride bloomed in my chest. He wasn't one to hold back when it came to my mistakes and having none pointed out meant I was doing well. I did as he said and picked up a cloth to wipe the ink away and grinned as it revealed straight, dark lines. Bjarke smiled in approval, brushing his fingers over it.

"Not bad, little fighter," he commented before straightening up so I could finish it.

"I was hoping for more than not bad," I replied lightly, going over the last line a few times until I was happy.

"You'll get better."

Whacking his arm with the cloth, I sat back and shook my head. "You're too cheeky for your own good, Beta."

He smirked, a teasing glint in his eyes as he leaned in to steal a kiss. I kissed him back and smiled against his lips. He was lucky I knew he loved the tattoo. I could feel how proud he was to wear it. A gentle nip to my lip drew a moan but I quickly centred myself again.