thinking

And without you.

Those words resonated through Anakin Skywalker's mind dozens of times.

Why'd she leave me?

That question stayed; implanted like the frontal lobe.

It was something that he never quite grasped at. But, he always felt as though it was his fault.

Was I not a good enough master? He thought, too. No. It couldn't be the reason. It's the Order.

Thinking of the order made in sit up from his cot in the Jedi Temple with anger.

ITS THE ORDER'S FAULT!

He glanced over to the wall at his pod-racing poster. The thought of pod-racing made him think of Tatooine, which made him think of his mother, who he failed to save.

And who the Order tried to make me forget.

A sudden burst of rage came to Anakin. And he tore his poster into what seemed like millions of papers. "I hate you!" he screamed to the wall. The hate, having no one there at the moment, was directed to many people:

Bariss

Mace Windu

Letta

Sand

Tusken Raiders

The Order, especially

But most importantly, himself

Anakin absolutely despised himself. He blamed himself for the loss of his little sister, and what he even considered as a daughter at points.

He blamed himself for his mother's death.

He blamed himself for the death of many people.

He even blamed himself for being the "chosen one".

Anakin sometimes wished he would die himself. Stab himself with his own lightsaber.

The only thing stopping him was Padmé.

The look on her face when she'd realized what he did.

The terrible sobs that would erupt from her angelic face.

He couldn't do it.

Possibly the only life he'd wanted to take but didn't.

A flash of what could be the future flashed through his head: a family. A boy a and a girl. But something was missing from from the picture.

Ahsoka. She should be apart of the family.

Motivation soaked through Anakin as he jumped to a standing position.

He knew what he was going to do:

Have some agressive negotiations with Mace Windu.