to coruscant

"Mr. Lux. Mr. Lux, wake up." Lux Bonteri felt himself shake.

"Five more minutes," he mumbled, pulling the pillow over his face.

"No. It's past eleven o'clock. Mr. Dendup needs you in his office." Groaning, Lux threw the pillow across the room and stood up. He quickly dismissed Jupa.

He slid on his pants—the ones he kicked off in his crying fest the night before—and did the buckle.

He didn't know what to put on his upper body, however. Everything smells like her.

Eventually he decided on his new button-up. He did want to look somewhat presentable to the king. He combed through his messy hair with his fingers, and decided it was good enough.

Walking past the kitchen, Lux grabbed an apple. Seeing the empty spot where Ahsoka should be, a disgusted look came to his face.

After a few moments of hesitation, Lux managed to find himself at the office of King Dendup. "Hello, my boy," the King said delightfully.

"Hello, sir," Lux responded, albeit a little sadly.

Acknowledging the sadness in the senator's speech, Dendup stood from his chair and rested a palm on Lux's shoulder. "I know, son. It's that girl, isn't it?" Ever since the rebellion ended, Dendup treated Lux as a grandson. (He had grandchildren of his own, but Lux was just a much better spokesperson.)

Lux modded; and Dendup gave his consolations. "You'll see her again." He paused, urging both to sit down. "Now, to business. Chancellor Palpatine has asked for a representative of Onderon to attend the latest vote. I'm not sure what it's about; but I know he's asked for the best possible negotiators from each system in the Republic. Well, I think you're the best fit to speak on behalf of Onderon. Do you accept?"

Of course Lux would accept. He felt he did have the voice Onderon needed for a major senate vote. But something in the back of his brain made him scared to go to Coruscant.

It's because she will be there.

"Why of course I will go, sir! I appreciate you thinking I'd be the one our system needed."

Dendup brought his hands together in a clap. "Splendid," he announced. "Well, I'd recommend you'd get packing now. I've ordered for you and Jupa to leave by nightfall." The two shook hands, and Lux went to leave. "However," Dendup stopped him, "I would prefer if you didn't look like a love-sick loth cat. And please look nice."

Lux muttered a "Very funny" and proceeded to finger with his hair.

When he got back to his quarters, Lux didn't know what to pack.

Obviously his new slacks, he thought, and his new button-up? But he didn't know how long he'd be there for sure. Jupa estimated at least a week, but it could very well be more or less time there.

He knew the nights could get pretty frigid on Coruscant, so he packed his black long sleeve. The one he wore for his first senate meeting.

Would Ahsoka be there?

He tried to shove the thought away, but it kept bouncing around his skull, making him hate himself more than he already did.

After he was certain he packed everything, he took another look around his quarters. Nothing looked out of the ordinary, so he went to find Jupa. But then a fluttery piece of paper sticking out of his dresser caught his eye.

He turned to the side and opened the drawer. Picking up the paper, he noticed it was hand-written. Lux, it started out by saying. I forgive you. I would like to see you again if our paths ever cross in the future.