one day when

The bright, smiley sun of Coruscant shone over Lux Bonteri's balcony. The yellowy glow made Ahsoka's orange skin shine—making her radiant.

"I wish mornings could always be like this," Ahsoka said, her head resting on Lux's right shoulder.

"Me too," he replied, bringing her closer to him. He felt she looked even more beautiful that morning. "But just think, one day they will. One day, every sunrise we can watch together. One day."

"One day? What do you mean?"

"Oh, nothing, dear. Just thinking about the future."

Ahsoka smiled and continued to look at the sunrise. It was without a shadow of a doubt that Ahsoka knew she wanted to marry Lux. But getting that idea to Anakin. . . .

"Lux, do I look like I've gained weight? I'm worried I'm getting fat." The question sparked out of the blue. Why would she think those things?

The fact was, Ahsoka was still severely underweight. But yes, she was gaining weight. It was a good thing! "No, honey. You're not getting fat. That's so ridiculous to think that way."

"But my stomach, it's not flat anymore. . . ." Lux didn't know what she was talking about. Ahsoka still had the abs from her fighting days—which was only a few months ago. "I just don't like it."

"Ahsoka." Sadness filled the poor boy's heart. "Don't think like that. You're beautiful. Every single detail about you is absolutely breathtakingly beautiful." He knelt down and pulled up Ahsoka's shirt, exposing her belly. "Beautiful beautiful beautiful beautiful," he mumbled while kissing her orange stomach.

"I'm not beautiful, Lux."

"Shush. Yes you are. The most beautiful woman in the entire galaxy. Neither the Republic or the Separatists have anything as close to your beauty. All of the bustling lights in Coruscant look dull compared to you."

Tears were threatening to spill over the edge. "But look at it," she said, gesturing to her body, "it isn't pretty."

"Yes," he gave another kiss to her tan skin, "it is. I think it's pretty. And don't hate the home of our future children."

Ahsoka's heart swelled. He wants babies? "You want children?" she asked, scared if she heard it correctly.

"Of course! The only children I want will come from this gorgeous woman in front of me. They'll look as good as you. They'll call you 'Mommy' and will give you the best hugs. It's the life I'd want with you, Ahsoka."

The tears Ahsoka was trying so hard not to let show overflowed her lids. Salty tears dripped in thin streams down her white, facial-marked face. "Lux, you're so sweet, I—"

"I mean every last word of it, Ahsoka. I love you, and I want to spend my life with you. I want your babies, and I want you." He linked his fingers with hers, gently rubbing the top of her hand with his thumb. "I don't care about Anakin anymore. I'm going to love you no matter what he says."

And the two finished watching the sunset, holding tightly as they could onto each other.

It was just before seven-thirty when Ahsoka quietly entered the apartment. Padmé wasn't awake yet, and Ahsoka was glad. She'd avoided the hurricane of questions for now.

Ahsoka started cooking bantha bacon for breakfast, with scrambled chicken eggs. She divvied up the pan into two servings: one for her and one for Padmé. She added a fourth cup of cheese to each plate, and sprinkled lightly with salt. She poured two glasses of Jawa juice and placed the meals on the table.