no regrets

Ahsoka Tano somehow managed to find her tangled in the strong arms of Lux Bonteri. Images of last night fluttered through the tips of her montrals. I made out with Lux Bonteri. I actually made out with Lux.

As mad at herself as she tried to be, Ahsoka couldn't help but smile at the reminiscence.

Getting up to use the toilet, Ahsoka carefully slipped out of the bed; making sure the senator would stay asleep.

When she went to the fresher, she noticed red, purpled rash-like spots up and down her neck and collarbone. What are these? Could Lux be responsible? she thought to herself.

Lux was just waking up when he heard the footsteps of Ahsoka. "Lux?" she said, and Lux turned over to look at her. Even just waking up, she looked ravishing. "What are these?" then she pointed to her orange but purpled neck.

Lux's jaw dropped to the pit of his stomach and his brown eyes widened to saucers. "Please tell me: how do I get rid of them?" The fact was, he didn't know. Well, he knew what they were—and he seemed to be controlled by his lower levels than his brain the night prior—but he didn't know how to make them go away.

He motioned for Ahsoka to sit next to him on the cot, so he could get a better look. But one look at her neck confirmed the worst: he gave her hickeys.

"Ahsoka. Don't be mad. But I may have given you hickeys." Ahsoka looked at him with confusion.

"What?"

Well, they wouldn't need to tell her what they are in the Temple.

"They're like, bruises kinda. You get them when. . . ." Lux was terribly embarrassed that he had to explain this to her. "Okay so they're just like a romantic, heat of the moment type-thing."

Ahsoka nodded, even though she really didn't know if she understood.

"But i don't know how to make them go away." Flustered, Ahsoka got closer to the senator. "We could try makeup or something. But I'm not sure if Jupa has anything that would match your tone. But I also don't really want her getting all up in my business."

"Well, I don't want to jeopardize your career."

"No no. I don't have any work to do anyway. I finished it all before you came out of surgery. All I do right now is wait for another bill to come through."

"Will this go to the king?" Ahsoka questioned, worried about harming Lux.

"If it does—which I doubt—he will probably tease me a bit when I do start working more with him. Besides, he likes you. He's sorta rooting for us. . . ."

Ahsoka's heart gave a flutter. If the king thinks I'm a good fit for him. . . .

Eventually they decided to go with Ahsoka a turtleneck of Lux's; which came onto her like a dress, (even though all the shirts of Lux's come to her knees like a dress.)

As they walked together to the dining hall for a mid-morning meal, Ahsoka's thoughts encircled her.

She couldn't ignore the sheer magnetic pull to Lux any longer. She found him handsome, strong, and caring. And he definitely gave her the best hugs.

But on the other hand, she wasn't sure what she was feeling for him. And the constant reminder that only a few months ago, Steela fell off a cliff at her hands. What if Ahsoka was just a rebound? Here for awhile and then dropped off at a random system in the middle of the night?

He probably doesn't even like you.

Stop it, stop it right now. He's not going to do that to you.

She decided she would take things slow.

After about three standard hours, Lux and Ahsoka found themselves on one of the many terraces the palace had.

Per orders from the king, Lux was only supposed to care for Ahsoka for the time being. Why the king would ask such a task from a senator, Lux didn't know. Not that he minded, however. He enjoyed spending time with the spunky Togruta.

Going over the events of the last night, he realized his actions were out of control. But, no regret. No. he didn't regret anything about it. He just hoped he didn't upset Ahsoka.

Definitely he thought the Togruta onlooking the pretty city of Iziz was pretty, but he knew he had no chance.

Not after he treated her before.

Not after the thought Steela was going to be his.

No. Ahsoka is the one you want. You know it. You've known it since before Carlac. You need to win her heart.

"Lux, can I ask you something?" Ahsoka asked, pulling him from his thoughts.

"Of course, dear. Ask away."

"Um, am I your rebound? Your um, I don't know, like your. . . ." Ahsoka trailed off.

"Ahsoka, I. . . .I can't tell you how much you mean to me. This sounds silly, but I was a jerk to you before. And I didn't realize how special you were until you came back to me.

"And I—I don't really know how to explain this—"

"Then show me. Show me what you mean."

Lux hooked a hand onto Ahsoka's waist, and rested another one on the white-marked cheek and lent in. "Show me, Lux," she whispered. The space between them soon vanished, and an orange finger twisted itself in brown hair.

"This," Lux whispered, "this is what I mean." And Lux lifted the girl up over his head—while she was giggling—and brought her down to his lips. Gently, he set her down, leaned her back, hand pressed against her spine, leg underneath her so she wouldn't fall, and then he kissed her.

He kissed her like he's never kissed anyone before. Kissed her with passion, with hunger, with absolute love.

And Ahsoka reacted. Pushing her hips to his. Giving equal hunger and passion back.

And Ahsoka knew then and there, that this was right.