the talk

Lux woke with a pounding skull and the sound of vomiting. Confused, he sat up, and reminisce of the forgoing night saturated itself deep in the pit of his stomach.

They had gotten totally wasted, and it was awesome! "Lux?" Ahsoka croaked from the bathroom. "Can you come here a minute?" The sheer sound of a retching belly made him want to do the same—though it was probably just the hangover.

"Coming, dear," Lux promised. His peripheral vision swirled as he attempted to upright himself. He trudged himself heavily toward the 'fresher, as though his feet were filled with lead. Resting tiredly on the metal doorframe, he watched as Ahsoka emptied the alcohol into the toilet. In a swift, sudden-burst-of-energy motion, Lux shoved the Togruta out of the way and heaved out his stomach's contents.

After he finished, Lux leaned his throbbing head back against the wall and next to Ahsoka. "That was the most I've ever had to drink," Ahsoka said through a raspy voice.

"Say goodbye our livers," he concurred, using the backside of his hand to wipe the remaining bile from his lips.

"I don't think I want to do that again any time soon." Ahsoka rested her head on Lux's shoulder, montral giving the ghost of touch to his cheek. "At least we know I'll never be an alcoholic."

Lux squeezed his arm behind Ahsoka's back and comfortably scratched it. "That's a good thing, I think." His words clung to his tongue, making his speech heavy and slurred.

"Talk to me, Lux," Ahsoka murmured.

"About what?"

"The future. Us. Anything."

A certain sadness filled the Varykino air as Anakin and Padmé hoisted their luggage into the cockpit of the ship—unfortunately taking them back to Coruscant. Both were glad they had gotten the two standard weeks to spend with each other and their unborn child, but both were devastated they had to return to their laboring lives in the bustling city.

It was only a matter of time.

Padmé half-joked about running away to the outer rim without a trace—staying there in secret for the rest of their lives. Anakin did like that idea but was more concerned about the fact that there were two romantically involved teenagers back on Coruscant.

As Anakin had always said, he wasn't ready to be a granddaddy yet—let alone a father to his own biological children.

Anakin Skywalker's opinion of Bonteri and Snips's relationship frequently kept changing. A teeny piece of him actually agreed with the idea of Ahsoka having a boyfriend—while a larger part wanted to stick his saber through the throat of any boy that goes near his little girl.

He thought, that after everything Snips has gone through, she deserved some sort of affection that neither he nor his wife could give her. Nonetheless, just thinking of Ahsoka being felt up or kissed by a boy—senator, no less—made him gag with despair and disgust.

It's okay, he told himself. She's getting older and I need to accept that fact. Except he couldn't. He tried, believe it or not, but he wasn't able to truly understand that Ahsoka Tano wasn't a little girl anymore. She wasn't fighting the Clone War anymore, she was fighting her own war.

Thinking of the Clone War made Anakin upset. Without the war, his best mate Rex wouldn't be alive, but with it, many others in different systems were dying. We should be keepers of the peace, not soldiers, and especially not generals.

What had become of the Jedi? They had once held the power of the light side so dear, and their choices never had outside influence—only the Force.