steela

Lux Bonteri didn't know what to do with his life.

The girl he really, truly liked

was dead.

Most of him knew it wasn't Ahsoka's fault; that she got shot and let Steela go accidentally.

But a part of him still blamed Ahsoka. If she has the Force, then why couldn't she save her? Part of him even thought she did it intentionally.

But the smallest part of Lux almost wished that it was Ahsoka who fell to her death instead of Steela.

Almost wishing they buried Ahsoka not Steela.

He knew Steela definitely liked him, and he liked her. While he thought Ahsoka was pretty, he was sure she didn't feel the same way.

Besides, while this was selfish and mean, Lux wanted children.

And he knew he couldn't have them with Ahsoka.

It was better, he thought, to have a human baby instead of a hybrid baby.

Because Lux didn't want an ugly child.

How weird would it look, to have hair for lekku and montrals at the top of the head? He didn't want that.

However, something was nagging him in the chest, and a small thought kept creeping up to be noticed. Maybe if Ahsoka wasn't a Jedi. . . . but quickly, he shoved it away.

Steela was the one he wanted. He was sure.

Was he though? Was Steela Gerrera really the one he wanted? Even though she was dead?

A certain piece of him would agree that he loved Steela Gerrara more than anything else.

Something, however, bothered the back of his small brain. She's not the one for me. No matter how hard Lux tried to shove the thought away, it kept coming back.

Pulsing, it seemed, through his mind were letters. A T B. A T B. A T B. A T B. He thought about what they meant. What did they mean?

A

T

B

What did they mean?

Luxor Phillip Bonteri was coming to have a massive headache. Something he didn't normally have.

He was confused on what his heart said. And what he said. He thought of one thing, while his heart another.

Ignoring his feelings, Lux decided to pour over the newest bill Onderon's senate proposed to the Republic. It was a good bill, he thought. The king was finding a way to help feed the people who couldn't feed themselves through the bill.

However, there were many kinks to work out. Like how would we know people were being honest? And food isn't cheap, where would Onderon get the extra credits?

Lux was startled by the sudden, incoming transmission. Jumping out of his desk chair, papers flying about. "Yes?" he answered shakily.

"Senator Bonteri," the Lux's assistant on the other side replied. "Incoming transmission for you. Would you like me to put it through?"

"Um, yes. . . ." Lux exasperated nervously. "Please."

Quickly, Lux's assistant flipped Lux to the person waiting for him. "Hello? Bonteri?"

"That is me," he replied. "And who am I speaking to?"

"Uh, well I'm Fron Malone, and I believe I have something for you?"

"For Onderon?"

"No, sir," this Fron guy said. "Just for you, Lux Bonteri."

Now Lux sat confused, looking at this Rodian's hologram. What could they possibly have that was just his? "Excuse me? I dont recall—"

"Sir it's a Togruta female. My boss says she's yours." Lux was completely dumb-founded. Was it Ahsoka? "We can give her to you, for a price."

"I want to see her alive before I make this deal!" Lux shouted, anger rising. Why do I care? The hologram quickly showed Ahsoka, kneeling. However, she was pretty bruised and malnourished. What possibly could have happened to her from the last time I saw her?

"Alright! Bring her to me before the next rotation. I will give you fifteen-hundred credits."

"That's not nearly enough—"

"Listen here, buddy. You will bring the girl to Onderon immediately. You will accept fifteen-hundred credits, and you will do so without any problems. Your clock starts now."

And Lux ended the transmission.

FYI:

Fron Malone is an OC just for this chapter

Luxor Phillip is a name I created for Lux, not actually canon

Thanks!