happy accidents

Ahsoka finally understood Lux's definition of "baby fever" now that the twins were here.

She spent all her free time cuddling with one baby or the other or feeding the two with a bottle of pumped breast milk so Padmé could sleep.

Her heart swelled with joy at the sight of the wondrous miracles.

The fact was, Ahsoka spent the majority of her time swaddling and changing nappies as well as rocking each twin to sleep.

Ahsoka Tano was obsessed with Luke and Leia.

Every time Anakin would ask to hold his children or even give them a pacifier, Ahsoka would hiss at him and show him the finger. "Mine," she would growl, holding on tighter to the two infants.

"No, Snips," Anakin would reply frustratedly. "Did you make them? No! They're mine." He would go to hold at least one of his children but Ahsoka would flash her sharp-predator teeth toward her brother. "You can go make your own."

"Piss off, Sky Guy. Mine." And then Anakin would sigh as Lux walked past to sit next to his girlfriend—or whatever the hell they called themselves. "I want one," Ahsoka announced to Lux when he sat and draped his arm over his shoulder.

"One of these?" he asked pointing to little Luke.

"No, I want a Tauntaun. Of course, I mean a baby, Lux!" She brushed the pudgy cheek of baby Leia and played with her dark hair. "Can we make one?"

"Ahsoka," he laughed, "you're barely seventeen and I'm eighteen. Aren't we a little too young to be mommy and daddy?"

"But you said it yourself you wanted one." Ahsoka let little Leia suck on her finger. "And besides, it's normal for our galaxy to get married and have children young."

"I know, I just. . . . I'm nervous about what your dad would say. What Rex would even say! And we're not married yet, dear. Wouldn't that be a little weird for some people?" Lux changed Luke's nappy and re-swaddled him in a tight swaddle.

"But just look at how cute!" Ahsoka whined, brushing her lips to little Leia's forehead.

"I know but—"

"Please?" Ahsoka cut off, bottom lip protruding into a pout. "Pretty please?"

"Usually I'm the one bugging about a baby," Lux mumbled. "Are you sure? I know the twins have been angels, but it is a lot of work. You're literally raising a mini version of yourself. . . ."

"Of course I'm ready, Lux. You were the one who brought it up first."

"Okay, I'm sorry!" he defended, tossing his hands in the air. "Just wanted to make sure you weren't deciding this based on what I want." He fingered through his hair and then pressed Luke against his shoulder, lightly patting his back so he could burp.

"I don't make all my life choices based off you, just most," she retorted, moving Leia off her lap so she could change the wet diaper. "I am perfectly capable of deciding for myself; in this case, I want a baby with you."

"Good," Lux murmured from deep in his throat, turning over and placing a kiss on her cheek. "Then let's hand these two little knuckleheads to their actual parents so we can get to work." And Ahsoka punched his tricep playfully for his wording.

Each teenager picked up an infant to take to Ani and Padme, and Ahsoka couldn't help but look into the large, warm eyes of little Leia. Marching into the room where the adults slept, Luke spouted a little giggle at the sight of his mommy.

"Here's your kids back," Ahsoka said with a twinge of sadness. "Now excuse us. We have some very important business to attend to."

"What's this 'business'?" Anakin scoffed while crossing his muscled arms over his chest, not buying into their lie.