agressive negotiations

Mace Windu sat in his quarters of the Jedi Temple, meditating. In fact, he was so immersed in his own, he didn't recognize the Force signature of Anakin Skywalker.

"Windu," Skywalker growled. "I have—"he breathed heavily, "—a bone to pick with you."

"Ah, young Skywalker," Windu exasperated. "What have you come to discuss?"

Anakin glare heavily at the Jedi master. The master must know what Anakin has come to say regarding his Padawan.

"What kinda bullshit was that?"

"Whatever do you mean, Skywalker?"

"Don't lie to me," Anakin snapped, stepping closer to the sitting Jedi. "You know full-well what I'm talking about."

Mace did, however, know what Anakin was talking about. About what he said to young Tano.

"Look, Skywalker, there's nothing we can do about her now. She made her decision."

"Because the Order is full of complete arses!" Anakin was becoming ever-increasingly angry. "You just don't understand because you don't have a heart!" Anakin was fighting the growing urge to hurt Mace Windu. "The stupid code has made you have no compassion."

Mace paused, Skywalker seemed to have a point. Looking back, his and the Order's arrogance did seem to make them lose themselves.

Still, Skywalker was in the wrong.

"So, what do you suppose we do?"

"I don't know!" enraged Anakin let out. "Find her. Apologize. Stop being a complete and utter arse." It was clear to Mace that Anakin wasn't going to stop harassing Mace about what he did to Ahsoka.

"This is completely ridiculous," Mace muttered.

"What's ridiculous? You? I think you're the ridiculous one here," Anakin countered.

"You're acting like a youngling, Anakin!" Mace stood from his meditative position to face Anakin.

The two both took their defensive stances against each other. Anakin stabbing Mace deeply with his penetrating, blue eyes, and Mace ready to throw fists.

"You have destroyed so many lives, Windu," snarled Anakin. "You and the Order."

"You wouldn't be in this mess if you didn't have attachment issues!" retorted the Jedi Master.

"Maybe if you weren't a narcissistic piece of work. . . ."

Steadily, Anakin had backed Mace into the corner. "What you did to my daughter, my friend, my little sister, is unforgivable, Windu. You single-handedly made her lose sight on what really was important: Her morals and herself!

"You know," Anakin laughed, "I think what she said was right. About how we've become soldiers and not keepers of the peace."

"This is outrages, Skywalker! You know what you are saying are lies! And how dare you think that way of your Padawan! You are supposed to teach, not care for! You can't do that!"

"What's outrages is you!" Anakin pushes Windu in the chest, completely trapping him in. "How selfish do you have to be! She is a little sister or a daughter to me! I can feel protective over someone I love and care about! Bullshit to this 'Jedi can't love' stuff! If anything it makes us better Jedi! But noooooooo, every one of you have to be stuck up, pathetic bitches to every sentient being in the damn galaxy.

"'Oh we're Jedi, keepers of the peace. But we actually end up being selfish asses who don't care for anyone but ourselves, durr, durr, durr'

"Have you ever thought that having someone you cared about would make you fight this war better? Would make you want to be a good, kinder person? NO! Because all you think about is this dumb code."

"You take that back, Skywalker. I'm going to have to report you to the Council. . . ."

"Fine by me!" Anakin yells, pulling his arms away from Mace. "Go ahead, do all the shit you like! I don't give a damn anymore!" Anakin struts you the door. "Because I quit. I'm leaving and never coming back!"

And Anakin Skywalker left the quarters without another word.