don't hurt him

In the week since little Ani joined the galaxy, things had been pure bliss. Luke and Leia adored Ani, and Rex, Fives, Tup, and Jesse spent all their time chilling in the Bonteri apartment playing with the baby.

Anakin took it personally to reject any missions and the Council didn't appreciate that.

Padmé and Anakin pretty much lived at the Bonteri residence, and they seemed more obsessed with Ani than Ahsoka was with the twins.

But only being a week old, Lux could tell he would be a stubborn kid. Ani refused to latch on, making breastfeeding near impossible.

As much as the Council dismissed the idea of Ahsoka having a baby, Yoda and Plo Koon took the opportunity to see the newborn.

Plo was more than happy to see his little 'Soka elated since her wrongful conviction, and Yoda sensed Ani would make a great Jedi.

But the thought of her baby being a Jedi made Ahsoka's lips form into a tight scowl. No way was she having her Ani being trained by the lowlifes that called themselves Jedi.

Bail Organa was elected the official Chancellor of the Republic, and he worked his tail to end the Clone War, and his success paid off.

The Separatists remained, well, separated from the Republic, but both governments made peace, and the hate was declining.

Count Dooku had been captured and locked away and Grievous had been executed.

As for little Luke and Leia, they had recently taken their first unassisted steps; though falling was inevitable, the twins still enjoyed trying to walk over to see baby Ani.

However, as overjoyed as Ahsoka was to be a mother, she couldn't shake the feeling of something terrible that would come in the future.

Whenever she tried to close her eyes, she heard the distant sounds of screaming and blaster-fire.

"Don't hurt him.

Please don't hurt him."

"Good soldiers follow orders.

Good soldiers follow orders.

Good soldiers follow orders." 

She didn't know what it meant, and the voices were muffled to an extent she didn't even know who they belonged to.

What Ahsoka did know, however, was that she wasn't going to let anything harm baby Ani; harm the twins; Padmé, or even big Ani.

You're strong, Ahsoka. Stronger than you know.

Lux had been called back to Onderon for an important diplomatic moment with the king. Lux was the only Senator appointed, and Dendup had some kinks that needed fixing — and Lux was spectacular with that kind of stuff.

As saddened as she was that her husband had to be gone for at least a week, she was glad she had at least a portion to remind her of him; their little boy.

Though he had her markings and montrals, he sported this features of his father more than her: his green-grey eyes, chiseled face, and even small patches of thin, brown hair sprouted from his little head.

But Ahsoka didn't mind. It made Lux's business trip a whole lot easier to endure that way.

Luckily, (or sadly, Ahsoka couldn't decide,) Anakin Rex succumbed himself to a nap, and it was blatant he didn't want to be woken up anytime soon.

Gingerly she stood up from her nursing position and light patted his back so he could burp. Once the sleepy infant finished his burp, she padded slowly to his crib so he'd have a better chance to sleep comfortably than in the arms of his mother.

Ahsoka swaddled her son and laid him in his crib. She kissed her cheek as she heard someone asking permission to enter via the door.

"Come in," she called as she entered the kitchen to clean up her cake-making mess. She'd had become a better baker lately, and her hard work was showing itself off.

The metal whisked open to reveal a fear mongered Rex. "Oh hey, Rex! Ani's taking a nap, but you can hold him when he wakes up." Ahsoka turned her back to wash the pans she used, but something in the Force warned her something was wrong. "Rex, is everything alright? You don't look too well today."

The clone captain didn't answer, but Ahsoka could feel him tremble through the Force. She turned around and was surprised to see a blaster aiming at her, and aiming at her baby.

"Rex? What's going on? This isn't you!"

"Ahsoka Tano, you have been charged with sedition and treason against the Empire. You and your son shall be terminated."

Ahsoka could see Rex fighting whatever was controlling him, but the hold was stronger. 

He shot the blaster as Ahsoka shoved the bullet away from herself. She watched as Rex made a beeline towards Ani's room.

"NO, REX!" she shouted as she ran after him. "Do not hurt him. Please do not hurt him!"

Whatever the hell was going on, this wasn't Rex. 

The clone was about to shoot when Ahsoka jumped in front of his reign of fire. "You wouldn't dare!" she challenged, making it difficult for the clone to attempt an attack on her child.

"Good soldiers follow orders good soldiers follow orders good soldiers follow orders good soldiers follow orders." Rex was fighting back salty tears as he shook with both blasters.

"This isn't you. This is something else—tormenting you from the inside out. Please just don't do anything you would regret."

"Good soldiers follow orders," he said, firing his blaster.

hi hoes! i can tell y'all hate me, but it's okay because you can't hate me more than i hate myself 😁✌️ (😭)

THIS ISNT Star_Wars_Sister FAULT

I HAD THIS PLANNED BEFORE I EVEN STARTED THE BOOK

anyway there's only the epilogue left and then the end

sorry guys

you all hate me

it's okay tho

see you when i post something else

bye