01: Hideout

"Jason, it's time to go." Jason nods his head at Bruce and picks up the little body cuddled up in his cover.

"Okay, I'll be down after I take her upstairs." He smiles down at Olive and walks upstairs to her room. He places her down on the couch while he cleans all the toys off her bed. He pulls her cover back.

He lifts her up and places her down on the bed pulling the cover under her chin. "Goodnight, Bambi." He kisses her forehead and leaves the room before going back in and turning on her Tinker-bell nightlight.

He walks back downstairs to the cave and changed into his uniform. "I'm ready when you are big guy."

"Alright Robin, I found the new hideout. Stay close and don't fight alone, it's too dangerous." Batman tells him getting into the drivers seat.

They drive to the hideout and hid. "The bust is all set to go, we just have to wait for our police back up." Bruce tells him as they watch the henchmen walk around. Jason looses patience and jumps out revealing their hideout. "Robin! What the hell are you doing?" Batman yells jumping down.

"Kicking some ass." Robin replied kick one of the armed gunmen in the face.

Jason fights of the henchmen recklessly, not really paying attention to his surroundings. Batman kicks the gun out of one of the man's hand that was directed at Robin. By the time Batman gets to the last Pornographer he just throws him to Robin. He obviously has a dangerously high level of Aggressive Energy to work off.

"Well, that takes care of those creeps." Robin says dusting his hands off.

Batman grabs him by the collar and yanks him closer. "What the hell was that all about, I told you to wait?!" He spat trying to control his temper.

"Yeah, I heard you, but we had the goods on these lowlifes." He tells him, "I didn't see any reason to wait. There were only eight of them." Batman pushed him away grabbing him by his shoulders.

"Don't you understand?" He asked, "There are procedures even we have to follow. I promised to let Gordon in on the bust. You jumped the gun." Robin pulls himself out of his grasp.

"Whatever." He says turning around.

"Whats worse, you nearly got yourself killed doing it." Jason shrugged and continued walking.

"Near misses don't count." He joked.

"What do you think we're doing here?!" Batman asked, "Playing some game?!"

"Of course." Robin said glancing back. "All life's a game."

——————————————

"I want ice cream." Olive says putting her shoes on.

"Alright, Bambi, I'll ask Alfred to take us." Jason smiled and heads towards Bruce's office.

"Being your partner is not exactly the best situation for a teenager adjusting to such a loss." Alfred says. Jason peaks his head around the door and sees Bruce put his head down.

"Then I must rectify the situation. Jason's going off active duty immediately." Jason clenched his fists in anger.

"And I don't have a thing to say about it, huh?" Jason asked alerting the two men of his presence.

"How king have you been standing there, Jason?" Bruce asked surprised that he didn't hear him.

"You can't be serious about this?" Jason asked, being Robin was one of the most important things to him.

"I most definitely am. You're in no shape emotionally to be on the streets." Bruce tells him.

"I can't believe this!" Jason yells angrily.