02: Jaybird Out

Olive wakes up the next morning and hops out of bed. She turns off her nightlight and walks inside her closet. She grabs a black and white stripped shirt and pink shorts. She place the clothes on her bed and goes into her bathroom. She grabs the steps and pull them towards her sink. She grabs her toothbrush and brushes her teeth.

She turns on her shower and washes us quickly. She impatient and wants to play with Jason.

After she's done getting dressed she grabs a brush and her iPod before opening her door. She runs down the hall towards Jason's room. "Jay Jay!" She jumps on his bed and realized it's empty. She frowns and climbs down.

She walks over towards his bathroom and opens the door. The bathroom was empty too. She walk over to his dresser and finds a note. Oh Jason was playing hide and seek. She grinned and ran out of the room looking for Alfred or Bruce.

She goes into the kitchen and sees Alfred. "Alfie! I'm hungry." Alfred smiles and picks her up.

"And what does Ms. Olivia want for breakfast this morning?" He carries her in his hip into the dining room and turns on the Tv.  Tom and Jerry was playing. She laughed when she saw Jerry escape again.

"Can I have pancakes?" She asked opening her hand with the letter. "Oh and Jay Jay is playing hide and seek." She told him handing him the paper before he walked away.

"Oh my..." Alfred said when he read the note. He went to fight Joker alone. Alfred hurries to the kitchen to make her breakfast. He grabs the plate of pancakes and places it on a tray with syrup and a glass of apple juice along with snacks.

"Ms. Olivia, we're going to eat somewhere else today." He knows that Bruce didn't want to tell her about the whole Batman shindig until she was older but he didn't care.

"Okay." She says jumping down from the couch and following Alfred to Bruce's study. "We're eating with uncle Bruce?" She asked happily.

"Not quite." He replies walking over to the grandfather clock. The clock moves and slides over revealing an elevator. The elevator door opens and they both walk inside. When the elevator stops they step out.

"Wow..." She says with her eyes wide. She walks over and runs her hands over the suits. "Batman?" She smiles.

"Alright, Miss Olive come eat your breakfast before it gets cold." Alfred tells her, she runs over to the table and climbs into the chair.

"Thank you Alfred." She said before eating her pre-cut pancakes.

The sound of an engine fills the cave before the headlights of the batmobile is in sight. Batman jumps out of the car and does a double take when he notices the 6 year old. "Alfred."

"Master Bruce, I'm afraid I have some troubling news." Alfred tells him pulling out the paper Olivia gave him earlier. "Young Miss Olivia found this when she went to wake master Jason this morning."

Bruce takes the paper and tells Alfred he'll handle it. "Uncle Bruce, who's going to play with me?" Olive asked looking up at Bruce with her doe eyes.

"I suppose I will." He tells her picking her up and placing her on his hip.

"Okay, but first we have to get ice cream. We'll have to share mine you can't eat Jason's, he'll notice." She whispered. Bruce places her back on the ground before going to change in the back room.

"Alright, let's eat some ice cream." Olivia laughed as Bruce threw her in the air.

"Pinky promise you'll fine Jay." Bruce made a promise that day that he wasn't sure he could keep.

——————————————

Alfred moves swiftly around the kitchen preparing dinner. Bruce has just left for patrol and he didn't want to keep Olive waiting even though she didn't eat much these days. He grabs a tray and puts the steak and potatoes in the middle before grabbing a sundae glass and utensils.

He grabs the tub of vanilla ice cream and scoops it into the glass before smothering it in caramel and chocolate sauce. He frowned showing his disapproval in they child's desert. He put that aside on the tray and grabs a can of cherry Pepsi out of the refrigerator.

He picks up the tray and heads up the stairs making a silent reminder to ask Bruce if he could have an elevator built. Walking up and down the stairs were starting to strain his energy. Especially since he had to do it several times a day.

He goes to the light gray door at the end of the hall and sighs seeing the lunch tray still there. The sandwich was half eaten while the cookies he made were gone completely not a crumb left behind.

Alfred knocks on the door slide the tray to the side with his foot and patiently waits for it to open. He can hear the little footsteps as she walks towards the door.

She opens the door and looks down for the tray. Alfred clears his throat. Her head snaps up her grey eyes are wide. "Hey Alfred, long time no see." She smiles before glancing at the sundae on the tray.

"Yes miss Olive, a long time indeed. I'll be having dinner with you tonight." Alfred tells her walking into her room.

"Really?" She grins and runs to the table full of stuffed animals and tea cups. "It's been lonely since Jason left." Alfred stops moving and sit down at the table.

"Yes, Master Bruce is looking for him right now." She smiles and picks up the tea pot full of the cherry side he just gave her.

"I'll introduce you to them." She tells him before standing up again. "That's Simba, Stich, Abu, Tony and Lily." She points to a lion, a blue dog holding a heart, a monkey with a vest and hat and two tigers.

"Their names are very...unique, Miss Olive. Now let's eat and then watch the Little Mermaid." Alfred cuts up her steak.

"Thank you Alfred for everything not just the food." She takes a bite of the steak and chews. "I'll start coming downstairs for my food. You must be exhausted walking up and down them so many times a day."

"Thank you Miss Olive. I do however have a request."

"What's up?" She grumbled with her mouth full of potatoes and steak.

"Could you not eat your snacks and leave the healthy food on the tray." She smiled sheepishly and stared out the window.

"I'll try to eat more food before eating the snacks, pinky promise." She tells him.

"Hmm, pinky promises and not a swear. I'm not sure I believe you." Olivia held out her pinky.

"Fine. I pinky swear I'll eat more food before I eat the sweets." Alfred holds out his pink as they link together.

"Alright, I suppose that will have to suffice for now." Olivia smiles and reaches for her sundae. "No, eat your food." She pouted.

"Okay."