04: Homeschool

"Going off the trails on a crazy trai-" Olive groans and pressed the dismiss button on her phone. She grabs her phone and looks at the time. 5:30 AM on a Wednesday. She sighs and sits up stretching.

"Two more days an I'm scott free." She tells herself sliding off of the bed she walks over to her closet and picks up her uniform. She tosses it on her bed and goes into her bathroom. She turns on her speaker and starts blasting Beyoncé.

She get's undressed and turns on her shower. She washes up as she belts out the chorus to Irreplaceable. "To the left." She catches herself as she almost slips and rinses off.

She dances in the mirror as she brushes her teeth. Freakum Dress comes on as she starts getting dressed. She holds an invincible microphone, "Wait let me fix my hair." She sings as she tightens her tie.

"Poke out your back time to impress

"Poke out your back time to impress."she takes out her braids and let's her curls fall down her back. She slips on her shoes and grabs her bag shoving her homework from last night in the biggest pocket. She grabs her phone and plugs in her headphones.

She dances out of her room to the top of the stairs. She walks down slowly to the beat of the song.

The smell of pancakes floats through the air and gets stronger the closer she gets to the kitchen. "You're up early this morning, Miss Olivia. You still have three hours until we have to leave."

"I'm taking my morning nap in the living room after breakfast." She tells he grabbing her plate. She drowns her pancakes in syrup before cutting them. Beautiful Liar plays. "He said worth it. His one desire." She sings lowly.

"That better not be an inappropriate song, young Miss. I would hate to confiscate it so early." Olivia takes her last bite and yawns.

"Where's the sandwich thief?" She asked yawning again.

"He's... gardening." Olivia scoffed and jumps down from her chair walking towards the living room. She grabs her throw cover. She lays down on the couch and pulls the cover over her head and goes back to sleep.

"Alfred, do you know where Olive is?" Bruce asked grabbing the cup of coffee on the table.

Alfred points to the living room and Bruce shakes his head. "Well I've gotta get down to the office. How's Damian?"

"See for yourself." Alfred says pointing out the kitchen window. Bruce walks over and watches as Damian cuts through the bushes outside. The animal shaped bushes that Olive loved and named. "He's been at it since 5:00 this morning. I hope you don't mind, sir, the sword is your grandfather's. The one on the wall plaque."

Damian runs up the windows and does a backflip cutting the bush before landing gracefully and jabbing another bush. He jumps up on top of some weeds and cuts the head off of George the giraffe. "I think we might be able to skip the gardener this month. Oh and I hope you have a good time explaining to Miss Olivia, why all her animals are beheaded."

"Well, he was trained by The League of Assassins." Bruce points out.

"I, myself, am rooting for the shrubbery and Miss Olivia." Alfred muses before going into the living room to wake her up.

"He has talent." Bruce smirked looking outside the window.

"No!" Bruce sighs and turns towards the living room. "Just 4 more hours." He laughs and walks into the living room.

"Ms. Olivia, I let you sleep for long enough, now get up." Alfred snatched the cover from her and walks away.

"I'll take her to school today, Alfred." Olivia rubs her eyes Ave stands up she grabs her jacket and her bag walking towards the door. She pulls her socks up to her calf and walks out.

Bruce grabs his car keys and follows behind. "Hurry, it's freez-where's George's head?" Bruce unlocks the car and blocks her from walking to the backyard.

"Damian, was practicing before I got the chance to tell him." Olivia rolls her eyes and opens the passenger door. She gets in and buckled up placing her headphones in her ear.

She was quiet the whole 45 minutes it took to drive to Gotham Elementary. It was a prep school for promising young girls and boys. Just the name made her angry. "Have a nice day, Olivia." Bruce tells her as she steps out.

She glares at him and slams the car door. A boy with dark hair and blue eyes walks up to her. "Hey Olivia do wanna get ice cream after school?" He turns his face blushing.

"Sure Aden, just give me one second." She runs back to the car and smiles at Bruce. "Can I get ice cream after school with Aden?"

"I thought you hated school." she scoffs and frowns.

"School is not the same as ice cream with Aden." Bruce nods his head.

"So that's a yes." She holds out her hand.

"What?" He asks starting the car.

"Money." He reaches into his pocket and pulls out his wallet. She snatched it out of his hand and pulls out a 50. "Thanks, B-Man." she skips away into the crowd where the boy was waiting for her.

"Call Alfred when you want to be picked up." He calls out before driving off.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I sit in my math class listening to Kelly Clarkson. I tap my pencil to the beat of the song. We're currently going over long division and it's so boring. I unfortunately don't share this class with Aden.

"Ms. Johnson are you even paying attention?" I look up and see my teacher, Mr. Pol standing in front of me with a ruler in his hand.

"What?" I ask taking out my left bud.

"Give me your phone." I scoff and lean back.

"No." gasps are heard throughout the room.

"Listen just because of your... African background. It doesn't give you the right to be so defiant and act like a savage hood rat . You're free but not unburdened." I glare at him. He thinks I'm poor, just because I'm the only black girl in this school. Racist for no probable reason. It makes me sick.

"Listen, Thomas." I seethe standing up. "Just because I'm black doesn't mean that I'm poor or as you so colorful called me a savage hood rat and my so called background just includes dead rich parents. My living white rich guardian will hear about this and you'll be standing outside flat on your white ass, jobless."

He smacks my hand with the ruler, it breaks. I jump onto the table and kick him in the face. He falls to the ground and I jump down landing on his stomach. I am so expelled. "You can do this to me you... you filthy street rat."

I pull out my phone and dial Alfred's number. "Yes Miss Olivia?"

"Alfred, you might have to pick me up early today." I tell him stepping off of the sorry excuse of a man. "Jess, send me the video you have of everything you just recorded so I can show my guardian, Bruce Wayne." I watch as his face turns pale.

It was at that moment he realized he fucked up.

I hang up the phone as I grab my bag from cubby and walk out of the classroom. Not even a minute later I receive the video. I smirk. Homeschool here I come. I go to the water fountain and rub water under my eyes.

I fake a sob as I run into the office.

———————————————