Chapter 19 - Another Day

Chapter 19

"Nanalo naman tayo ah, pero bakit parang natalo yang itsura mo?" I heard Acacia said kaya naman napalingon ako sa kanya.

She welcomed my gaze with a smile kaya naman nginitian ko din ito. 

"So, what are you doing here alone?" she asked saka tumabi sa akin. 

"Nag papahangin lang." I replied saka muling pinag masdan ang langit. "Napagod lang ako kanina sa game." I added "Anyway," I look at her "you did great kanina." then I smile at her. "If not because of you, baka natalo na tayo kanina at wala tayo ngayon dito kung hindi nasa gym at pinapatay ni coach."

Tumawa naman ito sa sinabi ko. "Patay agad?" sabi nito "Hindi ba pinapahirapan muna? "

"Ganun na din yun." sabi ko sabay iling at inalis ang tingin sa kanya.

"Well, for the record, please don't feed my ego dahil ginawa ko lang kung ano yung dapat kong gawin. Second, may I remind you that it was your spike that gave us the win."

"You know that I am not feeding your ego." I said and look at her "Believe me, you really did well. Second, may I remind you na kung hindi maganda yung received kanina hindi ma-seset ni Justine yung bola sa akin ng maayos para mapalo ko. So, please, just take my compliment." then I smile at her.

"Sabi mo eh." she said saka inalis ang tingin sa akin. "So, since we are done watering our ego, can you really tell me why you are really here?" 

"Nag papahangin lang talaga ako." I said trying to be convincing, but I know better. Acacia will still insist to ask me until I gave in and tell her the truth or at least talk to her about it. 

"We both know that you can lie to everyone except from me." she said which I expect. After all, she is the great Acacia.

It's been weeks since that dying moment with the one and only Paula Gonzales. 

Pinilit kong mawala sa isip ko ang nangyari, I focused myself sa game, sa training, at sa lahat ng bagay na pwede kong pag ka busyhan pero wala. 

Her words and the way she stares at me linger to my mind. 

And I hate it! I hate it because it gave me hope na baka merong chance. Baka pwedeng kami. 

At some point, it makes my heart ecstatic but when I think the thought makes me feel more scared.

I won't deny it to myself that I love her. I fallen deeply inlove sa babaeng yelo na iyon. But what scares me is to come out and tell the world how I feel for her. It scares me because I know it will be the end of everything for me. 

No one has to know. So, I have to make feelings for her at bay or much better to kill it for everyone's sake.

"You know we're not gonna leave here unless you tell me what is bothering you." I heard Acacia interrupting my train of thoughts.

"Can we not talk about it?" I asked and lay my head on her shoulder. "How about you tell me about you and Justine?"

"We're still the same, you know." she said "Just like any other relationship." 

"I still feel sorry for what I did the last time." I told her "I thought it was the right thing to do. I'm really sorry na hindi ko nakita na nasasaktan kita. But believe me that what I only have on my mind is your happiness. And I think, Justine can make you happy."

"Really?"

Tumango ako "She loves you, minnie." I said "And it was enough reason for me to agree with her. Kasi alam kong nasasaktan ka ng taong mahal mo. I want you to have more time with her para ma develop yung feelings mo for her.  Kasi ayoko ng nakikita kang nasasaktan. It is the least thing that I want you to feel."