Chapter 13- Confused

JULIANA'S POV

I woke up with a literal smile of my face. I hadn't had such a good night sleep in ages.

And it was all because of one person: Tyberias.

Just saying his name made me blush.

Normally, I was grump when I woke up but today, I couldn't stop smiling as I got ready for work and went downstairs.

"Good Morning, Miss" I heard someone say as I walked into he kitchen to get some water.

I looked over to see a cute chubby lady who looked to be around 50 years old. She had an Italian accent like Tyberias but her's was much thicker.

"Good morning. I don't believe we've met before" I smiled.

"I am Maria. I looked after Tyberias when he was a child and now I am his housekeeper" she said.

"I'm Juliana. Tyberias'... friend." I said. I didn't quite know what we were.

She chuckled. "I would say you two were more than friends by what I saw yesterday. Don't worry, I stopped watching as soon as I realised what you were both getting up to"

I instantly blushed. "How come I haven't seen you before?" I asked, trying to change the subject.

"I was on a vacation visiting my sister for the last month". She said

I nodded. "Well, I'm going to head to work. It was nice meeting you Maria."

"No. No. Come sit. You haven't had breakfast."

"I don't usually eat breakfast"

"Nonsense. Tyberias told me to make sure the pretty lady eats something before she leave"

My cheeks instantly heated up. "He said that?" I smiled shyly.

She nodded and made me sit down as she put a couple pancakes on my plate.

"Thank you, Maria. These were delicious." I said as I went up to wash my dishes.

"Let me wash these up. You will be late for work." She said and took the plate of me and headed to the sink.

"Okay, see you later." I said as I walked out and headed to the car Tyberias gave me.

•-• •-• •-•

As per usual, I managed to complete half the stack of paperwork on my desk before lunchtime before I headed into the cafeteria and got a tray of food.

I looked around the busy room and tried to figure out where to sit. I nodded and began to walk towards the small table at the back where I would always eat lunch alone.

Friends were overrated anyways.

I was halfway through finishing my sandwich where I saw a shadow loom over me. I looked up to see a reasonably attractive man with light brown hair.

"Hey, I'm Matt. Do you mind if I sit with you?" He said.

I was hesitant at first but then slowly nodded as he sat down next to me.

"I'm Juliana" I said and wiped my hand on my skirt before reaching out to shake his.

"I don't remember seeing you here before, Juliana"

"I've only been working here for a couple months" I said and he nodded.

"Which department do you work in" he asked

"I'm Mr Michaels' secretary."

"Secretary? I sympathize for you. I heard he can be a real pain in the áss." He jokes and I laughed lightly.