Chapter 16- Anticipated response

JULIANA'S POV

I woke up and began to get ready for work.

I was unsure of how Tyberias would act around me after what happened yesterday.

Would he just ignore me again? Would he pretend it didn't happen?

I was in the kitchen eating breakfast when I saw Tyberias come in.

"Hey" he smiled.

"Hey, you're not usually awake this early" I commented

"I know but I woke up earlier to talk to you" he said.

This is it. He was going to tell me it didn't mean anything to him. I'm going to get hurt. It's happening all over again.

"I was wandering if I could take you out tonight" he grinned adorably.

Oh.

"Really? You don't have to." I asked surprised.

"When I said I'd make it up to you, I meant it" he said which made me smile

"I'll pick you up from work today, okay?" He asked and I nodded.

I checked the time and decided it was getting late.

"I should leave" I said.

He nodded "Bob's waiting outside" he said referring to my personal driver.

I left and greeted Bob in the car before he drove me to work.

~_~ ~_~ ~_~

The clock read 4:59 and I smiled knowing Tyberias should be here anytime now.

I was packing up my stuff when Mr Michaels, my boss, approached me.

"So Juliana, I was wondering, we're both single. So why don't you let me take you out sometime so you can pay me back for all the bonuses I've been giving you lately." He said and gave me a creepy smile

Single? Speak for yourself.

I mean technically I was single, but that was only temporary until Tyberias grew the balls to ask me to officially be his

"Actually, I don't think my boyfriend would like that, sir" I lied.

"Boyfriend? Why do I get the feeling that isn't true" the said, sensing my lie

"I don't think this conversation is very professional, sir. Wouldn't you agree?" I said and gave him a tight smile before getting up to leave.

All of a sudden, he quickly followed and backed me into the wall where he cornered me in.

"Aren't you tired of playing hard to get?" He whispered and twirled a piece of my hair around his finger.

"Aren't you tired of always getting rejected?" I replied, quickly regretting it when I saw him clench his first.

Tyberias, where are you?

"You little bitch" he seethed and moved to lift my skirt up higher but I quickly reacted and stopped his hand.

"Back off" I said, squeezing his wrist while twisting it.

He quickly released his wrist and pinned both of my hands to the wall behind me. I struggled but my efforts were futile.

"She said back off" I heard someone say at the door and looked behind Mr Michaels to see Tyberias standing at the door clenching his fist.

Mr Michaels instantly let go and gulped as he saw the tall, muscular man at the door. Mr Michaels being much shorter, immediately backed off.