Chapter 31- Kept Promises

JULIANA'S POV

I rang Tyberias' phone for the twentieth time, but as expected it went straight to voice mail.

"Tyberias, I'm sorry, please call me back. I- I lo-" I began but was cut off as I heard a loud bang and a something race past me head and indented itself I into the wall next to me.

I snapped my head behind me to see a bullet about an inch away from my head.

I screamed loudly and turned to the direction of where it came from to see a man dressed in black standing in the distance, firing bullets at me.

"S-Someone's shioting at me, Tyberias. Please come get me, I'm scared." I panicked into the phone, but I forgot that it was only voicemail.

I quickly ended the voicemail and ducked behind a car, trying to take cover.

More bullets were being fired and they all hit the car. I've never been more afraid of my life.

I picked my phone up and called the first person I saw in my contacts.

"Twice in one day? I'm honoured, Juliana" Adrian said as he picked up the phone.

"Adrian. H-Help" I stuttered as tears began forming in my eyes.

"Juliana, what's wrong?" He said urgently

"Someone's shooting at m-me"

"Where are you?" He said and I could here him moving quickly in the background.

"I-I don't know, I was trying to follow Tyberias but he was going too fast and I lost him. I think I'm in an abandoned car park or something."

"I'll track your phone. Where's my brother?"

"I don't know. He's not answering my calls."

I screamed again as more bullets were being fired and the windows of the car shattered instantly.

"I need you to find somewhere to hide for a few minutes, can you do that for me Juliana?"

"I think so" I whispered into the phone.

"Good. Just stay calm and we'll be there soon, okay?" He said and I could hear him moving around quickly.

"O-Okay" I muttered and I ended the call.

All I could do was hide and wait.

I waited a few seconds and realised that the bullets had stopped. I peeked my head over the car to see the man had disappeared.

I frowned and slowly stood up from my crouched position. Where was he? Did he decide to go?

I got up from my crouched position and looked around. I sighed when I saw that he was nowhere in sight. That was a close one.

All of a sudden, I felt someone's presence behind me. I quickly spun around to see the same man. The last thing I remember was him hitting my head with his gun and me slowly losing consciousness.

*_* *_* *_* *_*

"I'm sorry for not being there for you, baby. None of this would've happened if I didn't leave you" I heard someone say as they held my hand.

I slowly opened my eye and squinted at the bright lights.

I slowly sat up in the bed and laid my eyes on the person that was talking.