Chapter 48- New beginnings

JULIANA'S POV

The taxi pulled up to Tyberias' house, I asked him to wait because I was going to come back. I quickly jumped out and went into the house and immediately went to find Estella.

"And this is Mr Cuddles, and this one right here is Mr Snuggles. And my favourite is Pookie, Ty-Bear got me that one for my birthday but I can't seem to find it right now." She ranted on.

"Estella?" I called out as I followed her voices.

"I'm in here, Jay" she yelled and I entered her room to Maria who was pretending to listen to her enthusiastically.

"Juliana? I didn't know you would be back so early. Do you want me to make you something to eat." Maria asked

"Uh, actually me and Estella will be leaving" I announced and they both frowned.

"Where are you going?" She asked.

"No where too far, just out of this house." I lied

"But... why? Does Tyberias know?" She asked and I nodded my head.

"But I don't want to leave, Jay. I love it here" Estella mumbled and her eyes began to water.

"I know, but we have to." I sighed and picked her up.

"Does Ty-Bear not want us here anymore? I thought he loved us?"

"Of course he does but we just can't live here anymore"

"But... he'll come visit us right?" She asked and I hesitantly nodded.

"Now let's go" I said and reached for the packed bag I had tucked under her bed.

We went over to Maria and she embraced us into a tight hug.

"We'll miss you. Thank you for everything you've done for us,Maria."

"Stop it, you'll make me cry." She said sniffing.

We exchanged goodbyes before I went back to mine and Tyberias' room.

I retrieved my bag and hesitantly slipped off the promise ring and placed it on his nightstand.

I sighed and jumped back into the waiting taxi with Estella on my lap.

"Where to?"

"The airport" I finalised

*-* *-* *-*

"The plane will be landing in 10 minutes. Please put you seatbelt on." The flight attendant said.

I placed Estella in her seat and buckled her up.

The plane landed and as soon as it touched the ground people around me began to cheer and clap their hands. I discreetly rolled my eyes at their response.

"The plane has successfully landed. Welcome to California." Said the intercom.

We got off the plane quickly and I was now unsure as to where we were going to go next. I didn't really think this plan through, did I?

I looked around for people to ask directions for a hotel and spotted someone not too far away

"Hey, can you tell me where the nearest hotel is?" I asked and walked up to the man who was sat on a bench reading a newspaper.

"I'm not really busy. I can show you if you want."

"Uh.. okay. If you don't mind"

"Of course not" he smiled and stood up.

"I can drive you there, my car isn't too far"

I hesitated for a moment. Stranger danger.

"I know you may be anxious but I'm not going to hurt you" he chuckled.

"...okay" I agreed as he picked up our bags and told us to follow him.

"Jay, why are we in a strange man's car?" Estella asked as we buckled up in the back of his car. I heard the man laugh.

"Don't be rude Estella, he's helping us out"

"But he's not Ty-Bear. We don't need his help" she protested.

I glared at her giving her a warning look and she instantly lowered her head and sighed.

"Ignore her. She's just adjusting"

"It's fine." The man shook his head and began driving.

"I never got your name." I mentioned.

"I'm Louis. And you are?"

"I'm Juliana"

"So, what brings you to California, Juliana?"

"I guess I just wanted a fresh start." I said and he nodded.

"We're here. However, I must admit, it is very expensive. Would you like me to take you to a cheaper one" he announced as he pulled up outside a fancy looking hotel.

"No, it's fine. The price doesn't really matter." I stated.

I wasn't lying. While I was with Tyberias he had been more than generous. I still remember in Valentine's Day when he told me to check my bank account when I found nine-figures. I had scolded him for giving me so much but I was grateful nonetheless.

"Okay. Now that I've proven that I'm not going to kidnap you, will you let me have your number?"

I tended up at his request.

"Uh... I actually just got out of a break up so I'm not looking for anything at the moment."

"Oh, okay. It was nice meeting you though" he smiled sadly.

"You too" I said as he helped me out of the car and went to get our bags.

With that, he drove off and we turned to walk into the hotel reception.

"Good evening, Miss. Welcome to Four Seasons Hotel, how may we assist you?" The lady smiled as I walked over to reception.

"Can I book a room for.... 7 nights" I said. I wasn't sure exactly how long we would stay here. Probably only until I found somewhere more permanent.

"A nights stay would be $700, is that okay, Miss?"

"Yes, that should be fine."

"The total would be $4,900." She said and began tapping on her screen.

I reached for my card in my purse and paid.

"Here your key, Miss, room 36. Terry, will show you to your room." She said and a friendly looking man approached us and led us to our room.

" She said and a friendly looking man approached us and led us to our room

"Wow" I gasped.

I could get used to this.

——

Vote and Comment