Act 1: Scene 1

"These violent delights have violent ends
And in their triumph die, like fire and powder
Which, as they kiss, consume"
~William Shakespeare~

"What about her?" Jungkook nods ahead. He bobs his head casually to the music as he nods forward again.
"Who?" Jimin lowers his glass.

"Her, in the red."

Jimin squints, spotting the young woman in question. She was tall, busty, blonde, and dressed as a devil with a hip-hugging sequins dress that glinted and shimmered in scattered lights.

As she throws her body around to the beat, she glances towards their section with wanting eyes.

They skimmed over Jimins old-timey gangster costume, his tailored pinstripe suit and matching black fedora adorned with a red rose tucked in the brim.

Her eyes flicked to Jungkook and she bit her lip appreciatively at the younger's sexy yet modernized Dracula costume, his hair parted and in his pale painted face. He wore a black suit also, only more casual with his blazer open, and his black shirt buttoned down to give a peek of his chiseled chest.

"Hmmm....5."Jimin smirks.

"5?"

"Yup."

"Are you blind? She's a 7 max, are you kidding me?" Jungkook scoffs.
Jimin shrugs, chuckling lightly as he takes another draft from his drink. The busty She-Devil takes Jimins expression as rejection and opts to seek her opportunity elsewhere.

The two had been going on about this little game for the past 20 minutes. Playing "I spy and rank" with the women in the crowd just beyond the clear enclosing boundaries of their VIP section. Despite there already being a few women already in the section with them, trying their hardest to keep the attention of the richest and most handsome men in the building.

Jimin looks over at his best friend, who sat quietly amid the youthful chaos.
He stared at his phone with an intense frown marring his face.

Vic wasn't texting him back. The bubble of ellipses just continues to hover on and off until the screen goes black.

"You texting Vic?" Jimin yells. But Taehyung doesn't answer. He just clasps the rectangular device in his hands tightly, frustration, and hurt boiling in his dark heart.

The last message he'd received from her kept replaying on loop in his sunken thoughts, his mind trying desperately to read beyond the lines of her cold toned response.

But they brought him back to the same bleak conclusion.

She left him. Without any real reason. She didn't want to be with Taehyung anymore and she chose tonight to let him know.

Tonight wasn't only the cleverly costume themed grand opening of the trios new establishment, CLUB 9597.
No, tonight was the night that Taehyung intended to ask his long time flame, Victoria to be his.
Forever.

Tonight was supposed to be momentous.
But instead, with a heavy heart and an even heavier 2.5 karat diamond ring, Taehyung sulked against the lush furniture in the VIP section.

He was far from being in the mood to celebrate anything.

But with work and being dropped on his ass wearing heavy on his mind, tonight he intended to drink and drink. Maybe even end the night with someone he would never speak to again.

Who knows?

"Tae.." Jimin elbows him again then leans closer to speak over the music, snapping him out of his thoughts.