Act 3: Scene 1

***

Death is easy. It's fast. It's quiet.
Nothing ever hurts after that last breath, that last heartbeat, that last thought.
Everything stops and so do your worries, your pain, your secrets.
Death in some ways is a savior, taking away the world as you know it with the flick of a switch or the pull of a trigger. It's almost poetic.

But in life? Well...
Life is slow.
Life is long.
Life hurts.

Lifes a bitch.

*

Minx sat silently in the back of the tinted SUV, her features schooled into a tense scowl of indifference. Her jaw clenched as the urge to cry warmed her already swollen eyes hidden behind dark shades over and over again as the vehicle pulled on to the long winding driveway of Yoongis estate.

She didn't want to cry anymore. The funeral had already taken everything out of her. Seeing Jessi's father and younger brother for the first time in years was harder than she expected.

None of them saw this coming.

Images of Jessi's smile and the memory of her laughter crowded every corner of Minx's thoughts. It was surreal to even accept the fact that she was gone. The reality of it all hurt too much. She was the only person Minx was close to. The only person who knew all of Minx's pain and secrets.

Even the weather was blindsided by the tragedy, where a somber overcast or heavy rainfall would have been more befitting for the occasion, the sun was high and there wasn't a cloud in the sky.

The more Minx thought about it though, this weather was actually perfect.

Jessi was the light and it continues to shine on her even after death was more poetic justice than anything.

As the many people in attendance began to trek across the grass of the cemetery, Minx caught a glimpse of a familiar figure moving against the crowd to stand alone near the final resting place of her best friend.

She narrows her gaze as it focused through her shades on the man in his sharp tailored black suit and shiny designer shoes. His hair was jet black and styled messily, blown straight and thick over his pale skin.

She stops walking when she notices Jessi's father approaching the man, reaching out to shake his hand fondly. As the man turns to face the elder, Minx notices his beautifully soft profile and sharp jawline, half of his face obstructed by his flat frizzy bangs and sunglasses. His hairstyle and demeanor were definitely different but Minx recognized him immediately.

Jimin.

The urge to go to him was unsettling. She didn't know him well, only in passing and through Taehyung or...

But she couldn't keep her already broken heart from aching at the sight of him here now.
She hadn't taken a second to consider his pain at the loss of her.

Jessi had told her how she felt about him.
How she was afraid to love him but couldn't stop herself from falling anyway.

Minx could relate.

"Hey...." Yoongi looks back when he notices Minx lagging behind. He follows her gaze and spots the two men talking near the lowering casket but doesn't recognize either, assuming them both to be family of Jessi.

"You ok ?" He reaches out to touch Minx's arm but pulls back when he notices her slight recoil.

"I'm fine...just ready to be out of here.." Minx sniffles and swipes a tear from under her shades as she trudges past Yoongi towards the waiting SUV.