Act 2: Scene 1

"All this is no coincidence
Just, just, by my feeling
The whole world is different from yesterday
Just, just, with your joy"

Taehyung shrugs his blazer off and places it neatly in the garment bag hanging in his vast walk-in closet.
He sat against the island dresser and tugged at his tie before sighing.

His neck and back ached from the hours of standing and mingling. Making sure no one left The Rooftop without being thanked and bid a safe drive home.

After the short meeting with Yoongi and Hoseok, Taehyung entertained the remainder of his guests until the wee hours of the morning. And he didn't leave until everyone in his staff had left the property as well.
He was exhausted.

Carefully he shed every bit of custom made, freshly tailored, expensive clothing and accessory and put them all in their place before padding across his master bedroom gloriously nude.

The hot water and steam surrounded him, washing away the day, wishing all of his sins and sorrows would soon be circling the drain below him if he stayed there long enough.

As happy anyone should be on their birthday, today was bittersweet for Taehyung.
Today was also the anniversary of the last time he saw his mother alive.
He was very young when she passed away, probably 5 or 6. His memory was a bit hazy the older he got.

It all happened too fast.

One moment his mother was fine, healthy, beautiful.
Then one night, she fainted in the kitchen and was rushed to the emergency room.
Then came the frequent doctor visits, where after some she would be so tired and ill that she was confined to her bed.

For a while she got better and then she would get worse, making more frequent trips to the hospital.
Then one day...she never came home.

Taehyungs father took him to visit her on hospice, his hand placed gently at his sons back as he guided him into the room.

She extended her arms weakly, her faded smile brightening her face at the sight of her baby in his birthday hat.

He climbed on to her bed and nestled into her side as his father present them with a cupcake adorned with a single candle.

Perhaps Taehyung had repressed the image of his mother in her final days, willing only memories of her before to be fresh in his mind.

He barely remembered that her long wavy jet black hair had long withered away. Her smooth skin was emaciated and bruised, her wide gentle almond-shaped eyes sunken in and too big on her face.

Because when she opened her mouth to speak, the soothing sound of her voice made him forget that she was unwell; Taehyung felt home.

"Eomma! Make a wish!"
"No baby, you make your wish."
"But I want to share my wish with you. Please?"
"Alright alright. Close your eyes baby bear."
"You too Eomma.."
"I'm closing them."

They both shut their eyes tight while silently praying before opening. Taehyung fills his squishy cheeks with air and blows out his candle. His mother and father clap happily.

"What did you wish for Eomma?"
"Hmmm..Tell me yours first."
"I wished for you to come home," Taehyung says innocently, smacking softly at the frosted confection.