Act2:Scene 6

Taehyung and Minx rushed into the inner city hospital emergency room.

It was a chaotic scene, EMTs and hospital staff hustling and bustling about, rushing in and out, transporting patients and tending to pages, codes, and phone calls.

The tension in the crowded space made Minx lean into Taehyungs shoulder unconsciously, feeling out of place and in the way as people pushed past her.

They walked deeper into the ER, anxieties rising all around them.

She flinched slightly in surprise at the feel of Taehyungs hand intertwined with hers, squeezing it shakily as his eyes scanned the area.

A familiar head of hair is spotted across the way and Taehyung hurriedly drags Minx along with him towards the waiting area.

Jimin sat in a chair against the blue and cream walls of the hushed corner, his head down and his hands clasped at the back of his neck as his knee bounced anxiously. He was dressed comfortably in a black Nike sweatsuit with disheveled hair, almost like he had just woken up.

"Jimin?" Taehyung speaks when the pair reaches him, making Jimins head snap up immediately. He stands and regards Minx briefly, giving her a tired but polite nod.

His eyes are bloodshot red and his skin pale, intense worry and fear painted on his normally composed expression.

"What happened?" Taehyung demands. Jimins eyes flit to Minx as he answers.

"I don't know. The EMT's said he was unconscious by the time they got to him. Someone must have heard a gunshot and called 911. " Jimin shrugs.

"Did they tell you where they found him?" Taehyung frowns. Jimin nods.

"Over on 39th." Is all Jimin says? A silent exchange happens between the two men through pointed stares, letting Minx know there was more to the story than Jimin was able to say in front of her.

"Fuck..." Taehyung sighs heavily, his grip on Minx's hand loosening slightly.

"He's in surgery right now." Jimin continues.

"I don't know how bad it is and the doctor hasn't been back to tell me much. But I told them that we're his only family so when they know something more, they'll tell us."

Taehyung nods, his words failing him at the depth of the situation. He knew how doctors handled trauma cases like this.

If it was bad, they normally didn't report to the family until they either had something good to tell or when all hope was lost.

"He called me tonight." Jimin murmurs, his eyes downcast. Taehyung furrows his brow.

"Huh?" He says in confusion.

"That's how the EMTs knew to who to contact. I was the last person he called.." He says in a guilt-ridden tone.

"He called me Tae. He called me before this happened and I didn't answer the phone. I should have answered the phone.." Jimins shakes his head as his voice broke and Taehyungs eyes widened.

A thin sheen of emotion begins to coat Jimins tired eyes and his bottom lip trembles. He clenches his jaw and his shoulders cave as his emotions threatened to betray him. Taehyung releases Minx's hand to place it at Jimins shoulder.

"Do not blame yourself for this. That's not helping him or you right now." He consoles Jimin sternly.

"I keep telling him that.."

Minx turns quickly in surprise at the sound of the familiar voice just as Jessi walks around Taehyung and Minx, two portable coffee cups in hand.
She gives Minx a comforting smile before winking.