The Final Act (Part 2)

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"Go ahead........"

"...Once he's gone........"

"...You'll be free.........."

Hoseoks voice echoes in Minx's mind as the sounds of gunshots swirled and haunted her subconscious over and over, her heart strumming harder in her chest than it had ever done before. She flinches and exhales heavily, blinking rapidly, feeling as if her entire life and death had just flashed before her eyes. Hoseoks insidious tone draws her out of her thoughts, snapping her back into reality as she held the gun up, aiming in the direction of Yoongi. He regarded her seriously, his eyes telling it all as it had before in her.....dream?

Her vision?
Her very worst fear coming true in the hollowed ridges of her consciousness.

What the hell was that??

Yoongi's mouth moves, the low tone of his voice failing to register as he spoke to Hoseok over her shoulder. The two exchange tense words, Hoseok shaking Minx in his arms, his chest shoving against her back as he barked expletives at the older. But that was the least of her worries at that particular moment.

She quickly glances over to find Taehyung still on the floor, still breathing. Seeming to be writhing in pain on his back until a glimmer of silver glints beneath his body. Shes suddenly reminded of the knife dangling from the table's edge minutes before. Taehyungs head shifts, glancing up and locking eyes with Minx, blinking rapidly through the dimness. He glances around her at Hoseok and Yoongi, then at the men standing nearby, paying him no attention. When his eyes come back to Minx they lighten.

A single tear rolls down her face at seeing him alive, the fight and hope still burning bright in the darks of his eyes.

Taehyungs chest heaves as he pants, his eyes never leaving Minx's, and just when she thought she couldn't love Taehyung any more ...

He sends her a quick wink and smirk before resuming with his work on the binding zip tie at his wrists. The struggle in his face is evident until finally the plastic snaps against the blade and Taehyungs body relaxed.

"HEY!"

Minx jumps at the sound of Yoongis voice, his barking tone directed at her.

"You don't want me dead..." he begins, his voice softening when he notices the fear in her eyes.

"Do you baby?....." he continues and Hoseok chuckles before she could respond.