Act 3:Scene 11

"Miss Moon!"

"Miss!"

Minx dashes through the kitchen, bumping into members of the house staff, and bursts through the front door, stumbling down the steps.

Hoseok stomps after her, grumbling frustratedly at underestimating her speed.

He breaks into a jog when he spots her yellow dress flashing through the kitchen doorway towards the glass doors.

"Stop her!" Hoseok snaps to a few men lingering around at the front of the house.

But none of them are fast enough to catch Minx as she zig-zagged to avoid them.

Her sandals hit the pavement of the driveway with a loud snap and she doesn't stop running, even when she makes it to the vast green lawn.

The wind carried her across the grass with haste and panic, drying her frightful tears from her wide eyes.

She didn't really know why she was running or where she was going.

Perhaps it was her fight or flight response in the face of violence and death.

Her heart raced along with the pace of her feet as the sounds of Hoseok yelling in the distance grew softer and softer.

Why did she have to go into that blasted basement?

Why didn't she just take the wine and return to her room?

"Stupid stupid stupid" She whimpered as she ran.

Just when she was beginning to see Yoongi for who he wanted her to see...

Just when the idea of getting to know him, being with him seemed less unsightly...

How naive and foolish of her to think that the man she'd spent the day with was any different from the closed-off man she'd been with for years, let alone the monster she'd just seen.

Even if her feelings weren't as deep as his...

Even if she loved another man...

Being with him today sparked some kind of hope for something...

Yoongi was still who he was.

A gangster.

God, she was so confused.

After several winded strides, Minx slows herself to a stop.

Her heart rate slowed as the wind stopped churning through her auburn tresses, the hem of her dress falling still against her legs.

The lawn stretched and curved acres ahead, further confirming to her that there were two things to be true.

One. It didn't matter how far she ran because it wouldn't be far enough.

And Two, it wouldn't change anything even if she did. She had no control or say in her life outside of this situation.

This was who Yoongi was.

So it didn't matter if she ran, there was no true way of getting away from a man like that.

After a few moments of silence, Minx can hear hurried footsteps shuffling in the grass behind her.

She doesn't have to turn away to know that it was Hoseok, panting, and huffing with frustration at having to sprint across the grass and dirt in his good shoes.

"Miss..." he exhales heavily.

Hoseok stops a few feet away from where Minx stood, leaning over to rest his hands on his knees as he panted.