Act 1: Scene 5

"Which color?" Jessi calls over her shoulder from where she stood before a wall of colors, holding up two bottles of pastel nail polish.

"Uhm that one" Minx squints over her magazine the looks back down.
Jessi sits in the chair adjacent to hers and hands the nail technician her choice of color before dipping her bare feet into the bubbly waters.

"Remind me to be nicer to your man next time I see him. I needed this." Jessi closes her eyes as every callous on her foot was buffed and scrubbed at while Minx waited for her toes to dry.

She chuckles softly as she turns a page.

"Will do." She rolls her eyes.

After her talk with Yoongi, he presented her with a few gifts along with her cannolis; A diamond tennis bracelet to match the studded earrings he bought her when they first moved to the city and a full day of spa services at one of the most popular salons downtown. He extended the treatment to Jessi since he knew he wouldn't have been able to join her. But Minx didn't mind, she would have much rather spent the day with her rambunctious best friend anyway.

"So he wasn't mad about us sneaking to the club?"
Jessi asks, her eyes still shut.

"He was more upset about me lying about it. But he's right. I could have just told him" Minx shrugs.

"Do you think he wouldn't trip about you being at some club with your stripper best friend in a skin-tight dress with half of your booty hanging out.."
The woman scrubbing between Jessi's toes clears her throat as she continued to sum up that night.

"Really?" Minx interrupts.
Jessi laughs.

"I'm just saying. You did good in not telling him everything. You know if you hadn't have left your phone in my car, he would have strolled up in that club to see you dry humping that pretty boy, and everyone would have died.."
The nail tech glances at Minx with a hint of judgment.

Minx shoots her a warning through her piercing eyes and the tech continues to work on Jessi.

"That was wrong too. That shouldn't have happened either" Minx turns a page.

Jessi leans up to reach for her coke bottle beside her and pinches the straw.

"I mean....now that I've seen the boy in the light of day I can tell you with surety that you should have no regrets when it comes to that one. I just wish his Lil friend was down there with him"

She side-eyes Minx mischievously before placing the straw between her lips.

"Jess.."

"Oh stop it. I haven't seen you enjoy yourself that much in..hell. Never. It was just fun. There's no crime in that.."

Minx thought about it. Maybe Jess was right. That night was a great escape for her, from her life. And although the circumstances weren't ideal, she couldn't say she had it bad. But she did deserve a night to be herself. Her true self.

"Maybe...I mean it's not like I'm ever going to see him again anyway." Minx shrugs.

"You sound disappointed" Jessi smirks.

"I'm not! I'm just saying. It was fun but now it's over."

"Mmmhmm" Jessi stares at Minx suspiciously.

"There's probably a million people in this city, so the chances of me running into him again are pretty slim.."

"So what about him running into us at the Promenade the other day? What were the chances of that happening?" Jessi lays her head back and turns to catch Minx's reaction.