The Ride Home

13: INT. TOUR BUS NIGHT

CUT TO:

The band gives Rachael a ride home.

STEVEN: (lights a joint and smokes it) (to Rachael) You wanna try it?

RACHAEL: Oh, thanks but I don't smoke.

STEVEN: Ok. (hands it to Joe)

RACHAEL: (rests her head against the seat)

STEVEN: Did you have fun tonight?

RACHAEL: Yeah. You know, it's funny, I heard you were a real wild child.

STEVEN: (laughs) Let me guess, you thought I was gonna take you home and pull an old fashioned one night stand. Guess I'm not what you expected.

RACHAEL: No, you're better than I expected. I'm not like those girls who go to concerts just to sleep with the band.

STEVEN: Well, thanks. You look tired Rach, we've got beds in the back if you wanna lay down.

RACHAEL: You sure you don't mind?

STEVEN: Nah, don't worry about it. The traffic's crazy anyway, we probably won't be in Plymouth for awhile.

RACHAEL: Well, ok. (gets up and goes to the back)

BRAD: (calls out to her) Don't listen to him Rach, he only wants to sleep with you!

STEVEN: (glares at him) Hey, come on man!

BRAD: I'm sorry man but can you blame me? You haven't had a girlfriend for longer than a month.

STEVEN: (flips him off) Look, I like her, ok? So don't fuck it up.

RACHAEL: (pretending to be asleep) (to herself) "He likes me?"

STEVEN: Thank God she didn't hear you.

BRAD: Yeah, she is totally out.