Another Last Goodbye

70: INT. REHAB CENTER DAY FADE IN: 

One week later. Steven is now in rehab. 

RACHAEL: (comes in with the girls) 

MIA: Daddy! (runs to Steven and hugs him tightly)

STEVEN: (smiles and picks her up) Hey baby. (puts her down and turns to Rachael) Hi. (kisses her cheek) 

RACHAEL: Hi. (both sit down) How are you doing? 

STEVEN: Better... Rach, I know there is nothing I can say to make up for what I've done... I'm sorry I've hurt you, I don't deserve you. 

RACHAEL: (sighs) (takes his hands) Steven... (tears well up in her eyes) I... (sniffles) I've filed for divorce.

STEVEN: (sighs) 

RACHAEL: (on the verge of tears) I'm sorry... I just couldn't do it anymore. 

STEVEN: What are you sorry for? I don't blame you. I was a real asshole. 

RACHAEL: I just want you to know one thing... I will always love you. If you ever need anything, just give me a call. 

STEVEN: (nods) I will. And if you ever need anything, don't hesitate to ask me. 

RACHAEL: (nods softly) I will. 

STEVEN: (gets up and embraces her tightly) 

RACHAEL: (to herself) "Steven pulled me in for a loving hug. Something I knew I would probably never experience again, and I hated to see it end."

STEVEN: (releases her) 

RACHAEL: (bites her lip) Well, I guess I should go.

STEVEN: Yeah... Take care of yourself. (hugs her tightly) 

RACHAEL: You too... (leaves)

71: INT. JAYME'S APARTMENT NIGHT

Later that night... 

JAYME: Hey Rach, how you doing? 

RACHAEL: Okay I guess... The divorce went through today. 

JAYME: (rubs her back gently) I'm sorry hun. 

RACHAEL: (sniffles) It's for the best... 

JAYME: You gonna tell Mia? 

RACHAEL: (sighs) I don't want to, but I know I have to. (calls out to her) Honey? Can you come here for a second? 

MIA: (comes in and hugs her) Hi Mommy! 

RACHAEL: (puts her in her lap) Hi sweetheart... Mama's got something to tell you... Daddy isn't gonna be living with us anymore. 

MIA: (looks down) But why? 

RACHAEL: Well... Mommy and Daddy aren't getting along... It would be better if we didn't live together anymore. 

MIA: Don't you love each other anymore? 

RACHAEL: (bites her lip and holds back her tears) Of course we do. Don't worry, everything's gonna be okay, you'll still see Daddy all the time, ok? 

MIA: Ok, can I go play now? 

RACHAEL: (chuckles) Yes sweetheart. (puts her down) 

JAYME: You handled that really well. 

RACHAEL: Thanks... I just wish it didn't have to come to this. 

JAYME: I know... Try to get some sleep. 

RACHAEL: Ok, goodnight. (gets up and goes into the bedroom)