What It Takes To Let You Go

75: INT. RACHAEL'S HOUSE (LIVING ROOM) DAY FADE IN: 

The next day... 

RACHAEL: (comes in to see Joe asleep on the couch) Joe? 

JOE: (wakes up) Oh... Hey Rach. 

RACHAEL: You spent the night here? 

JOE: I guess I did, do you mind? 

RACHAEL: No, not at all. 

JOE: Good. How'd you sleep? 

RACHAEL: Not so good honestly... What about you?

JOE: Okay. 

RACHAEL: That's good... Well, I gotta go pick up the girls. 

JOE: I can do it if you want. 

RACHAEL: No, that's okay. I should meet the girls'... Soon-to-be stepmother. (to herself) "As the words left my mouth, I instantly cringed." 

JOE: You sure? 

RACHAEL: Yes. I'll be fine. (leaves) 

76: EXT. STEVEN'S APARTMENT DAY

Rachael: goes to pick up the girls. 

RACHAEL: (takes a deep breath and knocks on the door)

STEVEN: (opens the door) 

RACHAEL: Hi... 

STEVEN: (immediately pulls her inside) 

77: INT. STEVEN'S APARTMENT DAY

Steven takes Rachael by surprise. 

STEVEN: (pins her against the wall and kisses her passionately) 

RACHAEL: (to herself) "Suddenly I was pinned between the wall and Steven's lips. As much as I tried to resist him, I couldn't pull away." 

STEVEN: (releases her) 

RACHAEL: Steven... 

STEVEN: I'm sorry... I couldn't help it. Rach, I miss you so much. 

RACHAEL: Steven, I miss you too but... Aren't you getting married? 

STEVEN: No... I called it off. 

RACHAEL: Why? 

STEVEN: I don't wanna be with anyone other than you. (caresses her cheek) I love you. 

RACHAEL: (to herself) "I didn't know what to think. Was he being serious?" Steven... I don't know what to say. 

STEVEN: Come here, I wanna play you something... (sits down at the piano) (starts playing) (starts singing) I'm alone, yeah I don't know if I can face the night, I'm in tears and the crying that I do is for you... I want your love, let's break the walls between us, don't make it tough, I'll throw away my pride, enough's enough, I've suffered and I've seen the light... Baby you're my angel, come and save me tonight, you're my angel, come and make it alright...

RACHAEL: (tears well up in her eyes) Steven, that was beautiful. 

STEVEN: It's not done yet, I wrote it late one night when I couldn't get you out of my head. I've been missing you more than you even know. 

RACHAEL: I've missed you too. 

STEVEN: So... Do you think maybe we could give us one more chance? 

RACHAEL: I don't know... I want to, but I need to be sure that you're gonna be alright now. I don't want you around the girls if you're still using.